Is everyone ready to give a sequel a chance?

#1 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

#2 Edited by NTM (7263 posts) -

So no, this is not me saying “guess what I know that you don’t!? There’s a sequel that was announced!” ‘Cause I don’t believe there has been yet, but I do believe there will be, so in that case, is anyone thinking about the future of the Dante’s Inferno series, or to you, does that even matter? For me, I do take notice of the problems in the original, but overall, I really did enjoy the game. I really like the premise, but I think that they need to take everything a step further, improvements and subject matter, to give it more meaning. I don’t want to list the stuff I liked and disliked in detail, so all I’ll say is that I would be happy if they came out with a sequel that improved on everything the first did. Oh yeah, I will say one thing that I disliked, which is one of… many? Saying many is a bit too harsh for me when it comes to this game, but anyways; Satan, his voice didn’t sound at all menacing. I wish it sounded more like Pinhead from Hellraiser.

#3 Posted by supermonkey122 (811 posts) -

C

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I would not. What a giant waste of money that would be.

#5 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

The source material it was based on as loose as that may be wouldn't warrant a sequel without even further insulting The Divine Comedy.

It's done enough damage let it die.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@supermonkey122 said:

C

U

#7 Posted by Brother_PipPop (252 posts) -

I really liked the first one besides a few kinda unfun puzzles. I think I beat it twice? Or maybe not, but ya it was a fun ride and would definitly buy a sequel.

#8 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

yea dante's inferno is a fun game; perfect for rainy days. A sequel... nah, but another universe with the same gameplay.. yea

#9 Posted by Voidoid (110 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@supermonkey122 said:

C

U

N

#10 Posted by iAmJohn (6108 posts) -

@Zajtalan said:

yea dante's inferno is a fun game; perfect for rainy days. A sequel... nah, but another universe with the same gameplay.. yea

Perhaps you've heard of this thing called God of War?

#11 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

@iAmJohn: Oh yeah, lol, but I still want to see what else Visceral Games has to offer

#12 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Didn't he already kill everything in hell or something?

How do you follow that.

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Where's the option for never played the first and don't give a shit about the franchise?

#14 Edited by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Didn't he already kill everything in hell or something? How do you follow that.

Kill everything in Purgatory, then kill everything in Heaven, or Paradiso if you will.

#15 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

B. That game was absolute shit. Would never play it or any squeal again. There are 100 other games EA should do before this one.

#16 Posted by supermonkey122 (811 posts) -

@Voidoid said:

@believer258 said:

@supermonkey122 said:

C

U

N

T

#17 Posted by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@supermonkey122 said:

@Voidoid said:

@believer258 said:

@supermonkey122 said:

C

U

N

T

FINALLY

#18 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5100 posts) -

@supermonkey122 said:

@Voidoid said:

@believer258 said:

@supermonkey122 said:

C

U

N

T

I can spell CUNT! YAY!

#19 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

Sure, why not? The first was one was alright.

#20 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I think this topic should have been called, "Is anyone ready to give a sequel a chance."

I'd much prefer a new IP to a rehashing of a crappy old one.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -
@believer258

@LordXavierBritish said:

Kill everything in Purgatory, then kill everything in Heaven, or Paradiso if you will.

While getting further and further away from the actual text with each entry. Adaptations are free to take liberties, but holy shit, this game was just a bad idea.
#22 Posted by believer258 (11629 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@believer258

@LordXavierBritish said:

While getting further and further away from the actual text with each entry. Adaptations are free to take liberties, but holy shit, this game was just a bad idea.

Eh, just rip off God of War some more and toss in a few more dicks. Also, the ending will show that God was behind it all! What a twist!

Yeah, you're right, this game ought not be made.

#23 Posted by NobodyHIFI (96 posts) -

yes, the most anticipated sequel to the game nobody played

#24 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

I don't think Purgatory would really work with the game play style of Dante killing shit. Just think, if they made a third one and that was in Heaven how would it work?

#25 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5100 posts) -

I don't really understand the hate for this game that it apparently has (well here at least). It's not a bad gamer by any means. It just didn't do much to establish itself from the game it steals from. The elements it did add were cool like being able to judge certain personalities from the bible as well as the stuff they did with Hell but it was still way to much like God of War with a weapon that was more annoying to use.

#26 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I don't really understand the hate for this game that it apparently has (well here at least). It's not a bad gamer by any means. It just didn't do much to establish itself from the game it steals from. The elements it did add were cool like being able to judge certain personalities from the bible as well as the stuff they did with Hell but it was still way to much like God of War with a weapon that was more annoying to use.

Judging biblical personalities came down to "Hey, which kind of points do you want?" There's no moral impetus to making any of those choices.

#27 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

the first one felt like a gameloft game so i voted B cause playing the first was an awful awful experience

#28 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5100 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Judging biblical personalities came down to "Hey, which kind of points do you want?" There's no moral impetus to making any of those choices.

I thought it was a cool idea but the game stuck to much to the God Of War formula. They should have taken the judgement concept further as well as the Judeo-Christian elements. To expand on good ideas that came short. As it stand you are right in that it was just a point thing. It also just felt like they modded God of War instead of it feeling like it was its own thing. I like the game allright so I was glad I didn't pay much for it. I'm not really looking forward to a sequel but I am interested in what they will improve on.

#29 Posted by Quarters (1628 posts) -

I'd love a sequel. Greatly enjoyed the first, and eager to see how they would adapt the other poems. Such a crazy thing to try and convert.

#30 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I was a champion over Dante's Inferno, constantly telling people to stop being naysayers and that it would be an excellent game because Visceral is a developer that can take the pieces of other games and fuse them together into something excellent.

Then I played the game.

What a fucking abomination to all decent things in this industry. It was worth being handed for free, putting on the lowest difficulty, and seeing the cool art in it. That is all.

So no. Fuck a sequel. If they make a sequel, I'm afraid I would be liable to commit murder.

#31 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

I've never played the first but I am willing to give Visceral a chance with this.

#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

I'm not sure where they'd take it...  unless the last one made it clear where they were going. I was watching my buddy play this, but he couldn't get past the final boss, so I never saw the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.