Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dante's Inferno

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Traverse the nine circles of hell in Visceral's action game named after the first cycle of Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Divine Comedy.

what should I play Dante's or Bioshock 2?

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

what game should I start playing tomorrow Dante"s Inferno or Bioshock 2? 
    I think I'm leaning  towards Dante, cause I never played bioshock 1 and the story  doesn't seem to interest me much.  Dante's is going to probably be easier, lots of button mashing, and bioshock is more shooter.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Dante's Inferno.
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By turboman

Both.

ryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryuken

ok, if you want a no brainer bottom masher, then dante obviously. buuuut if you want to play the best of the two Bioshock all the way.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By dbz1995
    @bofooq said:
    " what game should I start playing tomorrow Dante"s Inferno or Bioshock 2? I think I'm leaning  towards Dante, cause I never played bioshock 1 and the story  doesn't seem to interest me much.  Dante's is going to probably be easier, lots of button mashing, and bioshock is more shooter. "
    You seem to be more geared towards Dante's Inferno anyway.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jkz

Bioshock didn't win awards because of its gameplay; it's in no way bad, but it's quite middling. If you aren't interested in the story than it's not worth your time. 

I'd say go Dante's.

blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By blackbeard

Well, I loved the first Bioshock so I am actually getting both, but... in your case... play Dante's Inferno first. If you want to play Bioshock 2 I HIGHLY recommend playing the first one first. It's only like $20 these days.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CABBAGES

Finished dantes inferno the other day and i would have to say its not great but its not bad either.  
    I was playing it on zealot i think wich is like normal i think. Some parts of the game were pissing me off and when i got like mor ethan half way through there was this boss that pissed me off more and the game actually reminded me i coudl lower the difficulty level so i did and it greatly improved my experience with the game.  

The harder the difficulty the more hits it takes to kill things obviously but i found that sometimes i was getting bored hitting the same enemys over and over and over again. 
    So basically what im saying is maybe try it on easy.  

Just started playing bioshock 2 yesterday and its a bit hmmmm. I will finish it but i think if i hadnt played the first one i might not have been interested in this one so far as the start is a bit slow and boring i think. 

So I think yoru better going with dantes inferno.
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hourai

I was really unimpressed with the Dante's Inferno demo. I'm not sure why people like it so much. 

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By IBurningStar

Bioshock. The Dante's Inferno demo put me to sleep and the more I learn about the game the more boring and tedious it starts to sound. Both games have terrific art styles, though. Then again, I also hear that Dante's style and scenery go downhill fuck off fast after the first three or four areas. And if you didn't play Bioshock 1 then Bioshock 2's atmosphere might seem fresher and newer to you than it would otherwise. Because it is a very similar setting to the first game. Well, it is the same setting as the first game. 

It just depends. Do you want a button masher or do you want a shooter? If you don't care then my suggestion would be Bioshock. I think it will be more bang for your buck. But if you really don't think it would be your cup of tea, then Dante's Inferno all the way.

Bghattas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bghattas

I'm playing Dante's Inferno first because I decided to rent it instead of buy it. I don't think it's worth $78 CAN and God Of War 3 will be cheaper and better. I am going to finish both it and the first BioShock (beat it long ago on the 360, now trying to beat it on the PS3) before I play BioShock 2.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Having been through five circles of Hell so far...Dante's Inferno is a good rental.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Griddler

Bioshock 1.

playastation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By playastation

BlioShlock

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.