Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Sector

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 25, 2008

Use your glaive to chop off your enemies' heads in this third-person action-shooter from D3 and Digital Extremes.

Looks like the initial concept got revived

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Apparently it's made by many of the original team and the music is even the same composer. Looks nice even if the trailer tells you very little.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By razkazz

Very interesting. I ended up really enjoying Dark Sector and would've been fine with a straight up sequel, but if the creators feel strongly enough about their original concept to go through with it, then that makes it seem promising. I'm glad to see the familiar suit design, I hope that's kept for the final product so it still has some connection to the original game. Overall, this is really exciting news.

EDIT: Oh, it's a free to play pc multiplayer shooter. It'll be disappointing if it doesn't make it to consoles.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

According to one of the comments on Gametrailers, it's a free-to-play co-op shooter. So no, actually, it looks like the original concept for Dark Sector didn't get revived in spite of the art style being pretty similar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.