patrickcrider's Dark Sector (Xbox 360) review

• patrickcrider wrote this review on .

Dark Sector isn't that bad...eventually

This game catches a lot of bad rap. A bad rap that I only partially understand. I'll explain. Much like in other games where you gradually gain powers over time, your character's powers don't actually start getting impressive until the 4th level. By then you're 40% done with the game. But after a boring start, the game really does get the ball rolling in terms of cool powers and gameplay elements (Aftertouch!!! It's so fun!!!) But, patience is a rare virtue indeed. Those who are patient with this game will get a good payoff, in my opinion. But you'll beat it in a weekend if not one night.

Posted by chilipeppersman

good small review

Other reviews for Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

cool idea...but falls short 0

Well D3 tried..ill give them that..the graphics are steller..and takes a good amount of gameplay off of Gears of War..the basic story to this game is that you play as Hayden (the emo government agent) and you are sent to the fake country of Lasria..and there seems to be some sort of virus spreading throught the country..and like most games..your job is to stop it before it spreads..kinda like RE4..at the start it plays just like a normal shooter..you duck in and out of cover and this works very ...

Fun. Glaive. Action. 0

darkSector took a long time coming and it feels very polished. While the story could have been a little more fleshed out, I enjoyed the fiction and the setting. Don't want to spoil the experience for you so i'm not going to talk about it in more specifics details. I'll just say that it has that desolate feel and desperate mood of Resident Evil 4.The game uses its own proprietary graphics engine and it looks great. Very similar to Gears of War but with higher res textures and without the excessiv...