patrickcrider's Dark Sector (Xbox 360) review

• patrickcrider wrote this review on .

Dark Sector isn't that bad...eventually

This game catches a lot of bad rap. A bad rap that I only partially understand. I'll explain. Much like in other games where you gradually gain powers over time, your character's powers don't actually start getting impressive until the 4th level. By then you're 40% done with the game. But after a boring start, the game really does get the ball rolling in terms of cool powers and gameplay elements (Aftertouch!!! It's so fun!!!) But, patience is a rare virtue indeed. Those who are patient with this game will get a good payoff, in my opinion. But you'll beat it in a weekend if not one night.

Posted by chilipeppersman

good small review

Other reviews for Dark Sector (Xbox 360)

Brutal and interesting combat among less satisfying gameplay elements 0

Dark Sector feels like a difficult game to review. On one hand, I look at the hamfisted dialogue and the paper thin premise, as well as what seem like misguided attempts at variety in the forms of puzzle and vehicle sections and instantly want to dismiss it. On the other hand, I look at its approach to third person shooting and combat in general and see a lot of ideas that I genuinely enjoy. Dark Sector is at its absolute best when it focusses on the latter, though its preoccupation with the for...

4 Stars for the price 0

I paid under $20 for this game and it sounds, visuals and gameplay count for the price.  I read the reviews and didn't think it would be worth it, but I play almost everything.  If this game would have been the MSRP I think I would still have been happy with the purchase.  It's far from boring, but gets repeats a lot.  The game is not a failure buy any means.  If you can find this game at $20 by all means all this to your library.  It's something to play when you want to play something and feel ...