Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Attunement and max spell uses

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone :)

Does anyone know for how much i should lvlup attunement in order to reach the " Max " amount of spells i have of each spell , for example , Soul Spear can go form 2 spell uses to 5 spell uses in each slot , i would like to know when i should cap it based on this

Thanks =]

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

I'm not sure when it caps. But I got my first at 14 and the second was either 25 or 29. I don't remember. As I went from 24-29 in one go. This was for lightning bolt. I think its different per spell when it hits actually. Because not all of my spells/miracles increased when this one did at 14. And I still have some that didn't increase by one even when this one increased by 2.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Haruko

75 is the hard cap

Attunement Slots

0-9 0

10-12 1

13-15 2

16-19 3

20-24 4

25-29 5

30-39 6

40-49 7

50-59 8

60-74 9

75-99 10

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haruko: He is referring to extra spell casts you gain per spell with leveling it up. Not the slots themselves.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking in the guide last night. And it has a list of numbers on top of each spell. But it doesn't say anywhere what they mean. I assume its the extra spell casts.As it just says Uses: x x x x x x x. I just doesn't say exactly when it goes up.

They are laid out like this: Lightning Spear Uses: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20.

Each one has its own set of uses numbers that progress differently. Some of the more powerful spells have much smaller casts like Soul Geyser, Uses: 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3.

I have 3 slots, all using the same thing, lightning bolt. And I have 33 casts. If I remove two and just have one, I only have 11 casts. So it is per slot, per spell. I have 16 attunement, which is the 3 slots. And I am only the second number of cast uses. So it does not correspond to slot gains. I thought I already had the second casting slot, but I was confused at the time because I had two slots with the same thing already filled. I was under the impression it was per spell, not per slot. So when I had 22 I thought I had 12 for one and 10 for the other. I'll post back when I get the second increase and post what my attunement is. It is different per spell/miracle however. But it looks like the 9 number increases might all be in the same range. Probably under the 75 mark. As in you hit 14 attunement is one, and some things gain at this point, others do not. Next is 29 (or what ever) and it either increases or it doesn't.

silversaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I would never go above 25 attunement, if even that high as a sorcerer. There is simply no need as the higher level spells are so lackluster. Spending 50+ pts to cast 3-4 souls spears for a slot vs being at 25 attunement and having 8 great heavy soul arrows(vs 2 soul spear) that do slightly less damage, but cast faster, for less stam, and having 6 more is just so much better.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VioleGrace

@sterling ohhh i see , today i lvled attunement to 40 and i got 2 uses of Soul Geyser , what i think now is that each spell has it's own pattern , for example , at 20 attunement you might get 1 extra soul arrow uses , but it won't effect the other spells , and high lvl spells such as Soul Geyser require higher attunement for each extra spell use you get .

@silversaint i wouldn't say so , having high attunement is pretty useful for both pve and pvp , as the different of the cast speed is the same as the different for swinging light and heavy weapon , the higher your attunement , the " lighter " your spell becomes , also sometimes having more spell uses can save you from alot of situations .

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@silversaint said:

Personally I would never go above 25 attunement, if even that high as a sorcerer. There is simply no need as the higher level spells are so lackluster. Spending 50+ pts to cast 3-4 souls spears for a slot vs being at 25 attunement and having 8 great heavy soul arrows(vs 2 soul spear) that do slightly less damage, but cast faster, for less stam, and having 6 more is just so much better.

Being able to carry more spells means never having to worry about running out or having to use consumables. The biggest diminishing returns breakpoint is at 30 ATN, so I think it's smart to stop there.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sterling

I'm still a little confused on this. I am at 25 attunment now, and lighting bolt is still at 11 casts. I will most likely take this character to 30, so I guess well see what happens then. For a mage however, going to 75 seems like it would be worth it. To get the extra casts out of the most powerful spells. Not only that you get 10 slots open. And you can then use the ring that adds two more giving you 12. So you could double and tripple up on the power spells with the extra casts per one and have a good amount of them.

silversaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By silversaint

@violegrace and @cloudymusic

Yes, having high attunement is great. I would gladly take a free large amount in attunement as its awesome once you have certain stats at a minimum, but realistically getting vigor and endurance to 20, adapability to 18(no poise increase at 19/20), int to 50(best staff in game, 2nd best is only 35), vitality high enough for certain armors to stay below 70%, and strength to at least 16 for a certain shield (if not 32 for a certain greatshield which needs more vitatlity) are simply better investments. So yeah once you get to like Soul level 130-150 getting attunement over 25 is quite viable as its the best bang for the buck, but until then you have more then enough soul arrows with 5 slots (6 with the ring or 8 with the ring from NG+ bonfire asectic) attunement to beat any boss in the basic game.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sterling

When I hit 26 attunment I finally got my second (12 total) cast for lighting blot. First was at 15. So I am at the third tier for its cast uses. Which makes me think you have to take it to 99 to get the final tier for max casts.

I mean if they stay 10-12 levels apart it would put these levels in play for this spell (maybe all?): 15, 27, 38, 49, 60, 71, 81, 90, and 99

Not sure though, the last two being one level apart makes me think it goes down as you get closer to 99. But 99 seems like the final one. But I guess if you are going to end up playing to NG+++ or something that is feasible. But for one play through, no way.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VioleGrace

Yep that's true , i just checked it out and Soul Geyser gets it's second cast use at 38 attunement , which means that your theory is right , although a spell like soul geyser have a max of 3 , that means at 50 attunement we get max spell use of it , not sure if using Northern Ritual Band would increase the uses though .

i will surely shot for 99 attunement in ng+ once i get 99 Int to maximize my damage output .

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sterling

@violegrace: Well if that is the case, and Soul Geyser got its second cast for you at 38 attunement, then its different for every spell and there is no baseline between them all. Because that spells use counts are as follows: 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3. Which means you hit the 6th tier at 38, not the 3rd. Because the third for that spell is still only 1 use. It doesn't hit the second until the 6th. And 3rd use is on the 10th and final tier.

Hmm. I may have to go see if I can find some more soul vessels to do some testing with this more. Odd there is no real info for this in the guide. Actually I am not even sure how that would work. Because I don't think you can use one and then not allocate all your points. I wont be able to see different levels if I just dump all the points into it at once. Hmm. Might have to do a new build and just go get a bunch of spells and grind souls and slowly level up and make notes on the numbers.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Don't mean to contradict you but I'm pretty sure I got my 11th cast of lighting spear at 15, not 14.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm i tried turning my attunement to 50 and i still only have 2 uses of soul geyser , maybe it needs even more then

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drxlecter: Okay cool. I only knew that I had it already at 16, so I just guessed on 14 based on hitting the second at 27. (but that also could have been 26, I just realized I never rested at a bonfire between the two. So it could have been at 26 and not 27 and I just didn't notice the increase yet)

cymricus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cymricus

I have 3 uses of soul geyser and I have 60 attunement. I'm not sure at what point between 50 and 60 it swapped to 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.