Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Black Armor Edition Case Quality

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just grabbed DS2 outta my mailbox and this metal case seems like it is poorly made... kinda loose and the front seems almost warped.

Anybody else noticing this or maybe it just got damaged while shipping?

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah its not as solidly made as it could be.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never expect any of these kinds of things to be made well.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

Steelbook cases seem to usually be sort of junk in general.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Its okay. Could have been worse.

Tchernobog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tchernobog

Doesn't matter much when it doesn't cost more than the regular edition if you ask me, it's just going to sit on my shelf anyway.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shocker. Didn't the DS2 special edition have some shitty issues too? I remember something about bad glue and stuff falling apart. Maybe it was an art book or something. Eh, at least it's one of those free upgrade things. At least I don't have to regret my digital decision though.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar

Remember when Atlus was publishing Demon's Souls? The special edition was 10 bucks more but dang that was some quality shit bro, even if the ink front page of the strategy guide did wear out after extended use, but I seem to remember that you could even send it back to them and get a better quality guide or something.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cloudymusic: I have found Steelbook cases to have good quality. It's the cheap non-Steelbook branded knockoffs that have worse quality. I don't have my Black Armor copy yet to know which it is.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Shocker. Didn't the DS2 special edition have some shitty issues too? I remember something about bad glue and stuff falling apart. Maybe it was an art book or something. Eh, at least it's one of those free upgrade things. At least I don't have to regret my digital decision though.

Yup, the "collectors" or whatever edition of Dark Souls was fucking garbage.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chop said:

@hatking said:

Yup, the "collectors" or whatever edition of Dark Souls was fucking garbage.

Oops, meant DS1. But yeah, that's what I heard. Unfortunate, but at least they didn't ask people to pay extra for it.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Remember when Atlus was publishing Demon's Souls? The special edition was 10 bucks more but dang that was some quality shit bro, even if the ink front page of the strategy guide did wear out after extended use, but I seem to remember that you could even send it back to them and get a better quality guide or something.

But after the cover of that guide starts wearing a bit it just fits the tone so well. At least it managed to work that way for me. The fading happened around the lettering and gave it a nice aging effect.

I picked up my Steel Book today and haven't seen an issue. It was actually a tighter seal than ones I had in the past. It's actually a lot like the FFXII steel case from way back when. I do like it better than the metal box they used for Dark Souls personally, though I would gladly take the box again if it meant some kind of art book was included without buying the more expensive version.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bmehlers said:

@cloudymusic: I have found Steelbook cases to have good quality. It's the cheap non-Steelbook branded knockoffs that have worse quality. I don't have my Black Armor copy yet to know which it is.

Oh, I didn't even know "Steelbook" was a brand name; I thought it was just a generic term. Good to know.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Mine seems to be pretty nice.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was somewhat disappointed that there was no way to get the game at launch with a regular plastic case. I like all the cases on my shelf to be uniform, but I guess the Mass Effect Trilogy already boned that up for me. I'll get over it, I guess.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

My metal case is nice. I'm a sucker who bought the big collector's edition, and I gotta' say the components are nice quality, if anyone is interested. The figure is nicely painted and solid (in case you can't figure out how to get the swords in the dude's hands, the little circles on the end come off) and has a stand built in so it actually stands up. The art book is printed nicely but is REALLY small. It's about half the size of an iPad. The cloth map is shitty and nylon-y, but who gives a fuck about cloth maps?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It looks cool, but the middle of the front and back catch each other when it's opened.

But it looks really cool.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It mimics the well-worn armor and weaponry in the Dark Souls universe. If anything, the put too MUCH effort into it.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pic on Amazon made it look really nice.. I need to stop falling for that.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By McShank

My collectors edition came in perfect condition. Steelbook, artbook, figure, map. I dont know what anyone of you are complaining about except you got screwed. Buddy who went to pick his up with me got his in same perfect condition but for 360. Steelbook on DS2 feels better then my forza horizon one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.