Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Breaking Brad / Load Our Last Souls?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Disclaimer: This is not a "endurance run please!!"-thread in disguise.

So after watching Vinny play through (most of) Dark Souls, and then Brad playing through Demon's Souls, what are the odds of us getting some sort of weekly / daily feature on Dark Souls II? I noticed they have recorded the quick look (which is over an hour according to Brad's twitter), and this somewhat tells me that we won't see anything else regarding the game other than their discussions on the Bomb Cast.

What are your thoughts? Do you even want some sort of feature on it, or is the QL and podcast discussions enough? Again, I'm not asking for an endurance run per se, but just thought it would be a little weird if it stopped at a quick look. And maybe I've been reading @vinny completely wrong, but it seems to me that he has been teasing some feature on the game for quite some time on the bomb cast.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Zero chance, I think a lot of them will either take a break from the series or play on their own time.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably not going to play it at any point myself, so I'd naturally love to see Vinny/Brad tackle on it. At the same time, I know there's been quite a lot of Souls content when counting both previous features, so wouldn't blame them for not doing it either. Or at least waiting a month or two before starting it.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably very little. Even they at points are recognizing the "souls" overload on this site. Not everyone enjoys the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls features either, so to have a souls game feature back to back to back would be kind of silly. Plus I think they both would like to enjoy the game on their own for a change. Believe me, I would love if they did and would watch the hell out of it, but I also would like to see something else.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ElixirBronze

@theblue said:

Probably very little. Even they at points are recognizing the "souls" overload on this site. Not everyone enjoys the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls features either, so to have a souls game feature back to back to back would be kind of silly. Plus I think they both would like to enjoy the game on their own for a change. Believe me, I would love if they did and would watch the hell out of it, but I also would like to see something else.

"Overloads" or the fact that nobody wants to watch it has never stopped them before though, if they want to play it live, they will. I mean, how many people watched the DOTA stuff? Or Patrick's spelunky/BoI stuff, in comparison to other features? Both technically "overloads" of content, but they kept on going for a while nonetheless. And I haven't got any statistics but I'm guessing the Souls series still attracts more viewers than the other two features, could be completely wrong about that one though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I don't think we'll see any long term coverage of the game outside discussions of it throughout the site and that quick look that's already recorded. A pseudo endurance run is highly unlikely.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

You may get some streams from their private channels after hours. But I sincerely doubt they would dedicate that much time to a new game.

It's for the best. The Souls content has been fun, but it's nearing the point where people that aren't into it will just get frustrated with yet another dedicated series.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would personally love to see Brad and Vinny share a character where every episode they switch who is playing. Even if they are playing at home I think it would be a fun way to have a game experience with them.

I'm not expecting much more then a quick look and hopefully some fun bombcast discussions over the next few weeks.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These types of features are usually games that they can't or wouldn't play on their own time, and Brad, Vinny, and Patrick all seem pretty excited to get to play Dark Souls II. Besides, I love souls games as much as the next guy but I think they need to give it a rest. For at least a few minutes at least.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think the only way to go forward from here is to send someone in totally fresh, because witnessing someone come to terms with the weight of these games for the first time is really what is so special to me about watching someone else play. So, perhaps somewhere down the road after the buzz has died down, if they could possibly convince Jeff to give it a crack that's something I would really love to see.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

They'll probably get way into it in 2016 =P

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I think they need to take a break and just play the game on their own time. I'd also rather see the hinted at "Vinnyvania" be the follow up feature once they finish Demon's Souls.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By tourgen

That kind of coverage on a new release doesn't seem like a good time to me. I'd rather just be playing the game.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I think they need to take a break and just play the game on their own time. I'd also rather see the hinted at "Vinnyvania" be the follow up feature once they finish Demon's Souls.

What the hell would that be? And where was it hinted at?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They'll probably get way into it in 2016 =P

I think there is some truth to this. If they do it at all.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlikely, I think they'd rather not make a daily event off a new game they'd rather play on their own free time plus I think few people would tune in to watch this show cause of the possible spoilers that might arise from it.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By smokeyd123

@jacksukeru said:

What the hell would that be? And where was it hinted at?

Yes, where was this Vinnyvania nonsense, and is it old or new school Castlvania?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mmmmhhh ... interesting question , but they did do a quicklook for Dark Souls and Demons souls when they came out , granted they werent digging them as much at the time. I think they will wait for a year or so for doing something more with this game , they rarely do stuff with new games outside of the standard coverage. Nor I would blame them and probably most of the people who watches those features would rather be playing Dark Souls 2.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By jacksukeru

@smokeyd123: @oldirtybearon: A little more than a week ago Vinny mentioned on Twitter that he was "getting a weird itch to play through every Castlevania game". Someone followed up saying they should make it a feature and call it "Vinnyvania" and Vinny said that, that was the name he had in his head.

Nothing else has really been said but seeing as Breaking Brad willl wrap up soon there's a possibility that it could replace it. I'd be all for it, in any case.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@smokeyd123: @oldirtybearon: A little more than a week ago Vinny mentioned on Twitter that he was "getting a weird itch to play through every Castlevania game". Someone followed up saying they should make it a feature and call it "Vinnyvania" and Vinny said that, that was the name he had in his head.

Nothing else has really been said but seeing as Breaking Brad willl wrap up soon there's a possibility that it could replace it. I'd be all for it, in any case.

Let the Vinnyvania commence.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Honestly, I hope that they won't start any type of Endurance Run of Dark Souls 2 in the immediate future. I want to play the game myself too.

Maybe a year after that game has been released. Featuring Jeff Gerstmann nonetheless. Hearing him saying bad things about the game while playing it, might be funny.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait a year.....and then we force Jeff to play....clockwork orange style.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah... it'll just be the Quick Look with plenty of talk in live shows and on the Bombcast, landing in the GoTY spot on at least one staff member's list. Jeff will undergo his greatest year-long test of patience he's ever had to.

rocketboot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rocketboot

@fearbeard: oh man I actually really like this idea! If I still had roommates I would jump on that in a second. Imagine the mess of a character you could create, probably with wild stats and multiple load outs. And if you wanted to be cheeky you could mess with your buddy and upgrade weapons down a useless path or kill/piss off npcs...

Although I agree with everyone else in this thread, giant bomb doesn't need any souls content for a while. If you're really starved for that kind of thing go watch Jeff Greene blunder through Dark Souls and probably Dark Souls 2 when he's done, it's amazingly entertaining (and sometimes frustrating) to watch that guy.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like other video games too, so it'd be nice to see some more dedicated coverage on those. I kind of have the feeling the Giant Bomb crew feels the same way. I bet we'll get some nice discussion on the Bombcast in the coming weeks/months, maybe some after hours streams, and maybe even some appearances on UPF, but other than that, I'd really like to see Load Our Last Save and Breaking Brad come back with different experiences (any maybe some older games, like how the features started off).

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling patrick will crowbar in a er of dark souls 2 in somewhere. And yes that's me not really wanting to see that happen.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Thanks for all your point of views! So it seems that the majority does not want some sort of feature (right now at least), for various reasons. I somewhat agree, though I'm personally waiting until 25th of April for the PC release, and wouldn't mind watching the GB crew play it until then. :)

And who knows? Maybe they'll do something on the game a year or so from now, like some of you suggested. Like Jeff or Patrick (or Alexis?!) playing through it, though I don't think Patrick can wait that long to play it. Either way we have exciting weeks ahead of us, and I hope everyone will enjoy the game who are picking it up this week!

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mcfart

No. But expect a shitload of DS2 coverage over the next few weeks on the podcast.

And I'm excited for that. Doing a DS1 "Endurance Run" was a good idea this close to the release of DS2.

Also Brad mentioned that the QL is 90 minutes. So there's that :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Humanity

@cincaid: I'd want it simply because it would be a regular feature on the site. My biggest concern is that when Brad finishes up his Demons Souls run we'll be back to 5 Quicklooks a week and a friday show. I really loved having a big feature even up to twice a week.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SomeJerk

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it's not an endurance run please post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.