Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Can't summon other players

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1 mrbubbles  Online

I was wondering if anyone else has had recent issues with summoning players (for both co-op and PvP) and had any advice on how to try and fix the issue. Every time I try to summon someone it says "summoning failed, timed out." I'm playing on the PC and summoning had been working fine for me since release until yesterday. I can summon NPCs fine but I can't summon players without getting the "timed out" message. Any advice would be appreciated.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I've had the same problem recently. I kept trying to summon in other players, but it just kept saying "summon failed". After enough persistence I'd eventually get someone in, but otherwise I don't know what to tell you. Just keep trying I guess. Oh, and I'm playing on Pc as well.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jorbit

Check out this Support Thread here: Linky Pinky

You might have to open some ports on your router/modem. It looks like it requires TCP&UDP: 50000 - 50100 in order to work.

If your ports are closed even after you've forwarded them in your router then you might have to contact your ISP and ask them to unblock those ports.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbubbles  Online

UPDATE: I don't know how or why but I can summon again. I didn't do anything and all of the sudden it just works. Chalk it up to something on the server side I guess?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

UPDATE: I don't know how or why but I can summon again. I didn't do anything and all of the sudden it just works. Chalk it up to something on the server side I guess?

Certainly possible. I was unable to login to the servers at all a couple of days ago for no apparent reason. I was able to play other games online. Then after an hour or two I could log in again.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbubbles  Online

@mordukai: I was playing on PC but I've beaten it now. :D

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Original_Hank

I have a similar issue. I can summon people for co-op and I can be invaded in places like the belfry, but when it comes to summoning an invader by a red sign on the ground the game always says summoning failed. Seems strange to me that it would be a ports issue since I can connect online the other ways.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a similar issue. I can summon people for co-op and I can be invaded in places like the belfry, but when it comes to summoning an invader by a red sign on the ground the game always says summoning failed. Seems strange to me that it would be a ports issue since I can connect online the other ways.

That could just be that someone else summoned him before you did.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: I really don't think it can be that, because it happens every single time. When you spawn in the iron keep there is always a string of invasion signs on the bridge and I never got a single one to work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.