Check the chest in Majula's Mansion weekly for items

#1 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1039 posts) -

A promotional DLC is happening in chest in Majula's Mansion basement with promotional items. Its respawns and closes every week until launch day of DLC. Follow the link to the items that appeared inside the chest (In English and Portuguese). This promised in the launch day of DLC the FROM SOFTWARE will put a secret item in the chest. I advise hitting the chest first, since it is rumored that the chest can handle a mimic.

LINK

#2 Edited by AdequatelyPrepared (320 posts) -

Huh, this is...odd. Don't know if this is a good idea, given the nature of Dark Souls 2. Having timed extra items just seems wrong somehow.

#3 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

It's not like the chest has anything remotely useful, though.

#4 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1114 posts) -

Those items suck.

#5 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

I might check on the 22nd.... maybe

#6 Posted by AdequatelyPrepared (320 posts) -

@baillie said:

My main concern is just that secret item. I just hope it's something cosmetic rather than a real game changer.

#7 Posted by HaniBall (311 posts) -

Lol, I have a hundred or so ascetics from all the runs at Darkie :)

Agreed, this is really lame. Atlus world tendency events were actually meaningful. It was either play offline for a good long while or WT event.

They should give us dual ancient dragons. Or 10 dragonriders. Or something. And a cool hat to show off for it :)

Or free arena matches. Those would bring a few people back. Or free invasions?

Something meaningful.

#8 Posted by Zevvion (1830 posts) -

@baillie said:

Petrified Something and Twinkling Titanite are genuinely useful. Also, the thought they they would one week just have the chest be a mimic is hilarious.

#9 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

I'm here to bitch about free stuff.

#10 Edited by HaniBall (311 posts) -

I'm here to bitch about free stuff.

Cheap shot! It isn't about free stuff. It is about do they know how to keep a community energized and interested. And from what I see in the list above there is a lot for them to learn.

#11 Posted by golguin (3843 posts) -

I had no idea about the chest, but it looks like I already missed several half of them. I assume the thing on July 22 will open up the path to the new DLC.

#12 Edited by AndrewB (7496 posts) -

@golguin said:

I had no idea about the chest, but it looks like I already missed several half of them. I assume the thing on July 22 will open up the path to the new DLC.

Actually would be funnier if it was some kind of surprise Mimic boss that immediately wipes the floor with you, but you're probably right.

And yeah, I was going to say "man what great timing for me to be getting into Dark Souls 2, but most of this is over. Also not like it's entirely unique stuff or anything, but still...

Also, Amazing Chest Ahead!

#13 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1039 posts) -

I only learned of this just recently, wish I had gotten the twinkling titanite. The ascetics aren't bad either.

#14 Posted by Tennmuerti (8005 posts) -

Aside from the last thing this is all super pointless.

#15 Posted by Enef (3 posts) -

Can anyone confirm what the item from the 22nd was? I checked after then and all i got was an Ascetic?

#16 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5242 posts) -

That's sort of neat I guess.

#17 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

@enef said:

Can anyone confirm what the item from the 22nd was? I checked after then and all i got was an Ascetic?

July 22nd hasn't happened yet...

#18 Edited by Karkarov (2987 posts) -
@zevvion said:

@baillie said:

Petrified Something and Twinkling Titanite are genuinely useful. Also, the thought they they would one week just have the chest be a mimic is hilarious.

Yeah I am glad I found out about this after the good items are no longer there. How you guys can bitch about 3 petrified something and 2 twinkling is beyond me. That said something is better than nothing so I will loot the heck out of it.

I am curious if it will be a mimic on the 22nd though. Imagine newbies to the game going in there and instead of being one of those seeds it is a mimic and they get one shot killed. Laughs will be had.

#19 Posted by rocketboot (128 posts) -

@karkarov: I feel like that's a Miyazaki move, there's not nearly enough dev trolling in Dark Souls 2. Or rather the trolls just aren't as clever as the previous games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.