Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Choosing platform - I need XBL Gold for online on 360 right?

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Man, it's been two years since I used my 360, I've totally forgotten about playing online. I need Gold to play online, right?

I can't wait for PC version, and I hear the 360 version is slightly better than PS3 although I own both. But I don't know if I have to pay for online, since its such a big part of the game.. thanks guys.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I believe so yes. You could always just create a new account to get yourself a free month's worth of GOLD. By the time that runs out the PC version will be close to getting released, too.

EDIT: Also it should be clarified that it's the summoning/invasion stuff that's inaccessible as a SILVER member -- which is still a big deal, but I figured it'd be worth pointing out all the same. I think that's how it goes anywhoo... I'm pretty sure that's how it was in the original Dark Souls least.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Steadying

Wow, that really sucks. I mean I guess it kinda makes sense you would need it, but still, lame.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Playing on 360 with silver membership here. Specifically let my gold membership lapse for this game. When you start the game tells you that you don't have proper permission for online mode. You do not get blood stains, messages(not even developer messages), or obviously any interaction with other players. There are however NPC invaders/phantoms just like the original.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

You could always just create a new account to get yourself a free month's worth of GOLD.

Damn really? You can have infinite free Gold on Xbox by creating a new account every month?

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By peacebrother

I don't think the 360 is slightly better, it is noticably better. I've had the chance to play both (5 hours on PS3, 10+ on Xbox), and the framerate hit on the PS3 is way too much. The moment I started the 360 version I was shocked by how much better the framerate was (in the range of 10+ FPS). There's a bit of tearing on the 360 version, but I hardly notice it.

I know paying for live sucks, but the difference is night and day. Get the 360 version.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FWIW Im playing on PS3 and havent subbed to Plus ever (dunno if they have implemented Plus as a requirement for online play yet or not) and am doing fine with the online features.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@pulledabrad: Online play is still free on PS3 and the vita! I think they said it always will be.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The PS3 version is all fine and dandy , dont believe the haters , also free online :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.