Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls 2 Achievement List (potential spoilers)

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By emfromthesea

(be warned, this list does spoil the names of certain bosses/NPCs)

The Achievement/Trophy list for Dark Souls 2 has been posted online. It can be viewed here.

It appears to be very similar to Dark Souls, in that a lot of the achievements are allocated to joining covenants and obtaining all magic spells. Interesting to note, there's what looks like a new type of magic called "Hexes". The image the represents it looks similar to the dark magic that you could acquire in the Dark Souls dlc.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spoilers, obviously:

1. Happy to see only one general "max out a weapon" achievement this time around, so less need for grinding.

2. Happy that there are still 9 covenants to play around with.

3. Either there's only one ending, or there aren't separate achievements for each ending.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Dark Souls: Die for the first time.

Hardest. Achievement. Ever.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Majula must be the new firelink shrine.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find the "last giant" trophy interesting. In the original Dark Souls, giants seemed to be treated like crap. Either slaves, or in the case of Hawkeye Gough, mocked and tricked into thinking he was blind. The notion that the player will kill the very last of their kind is exciting, and saddening.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Is the inherit mechanic something new or is that just a word choice?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunbrozak: from the picture it also seems to be a very old and tarnished crystal giant.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@mb: Looking at the wording of the DS achievements, I'm going to assume that they are using 'inherit' in place of 'acquire'. I'm guess that wording is just to create thematic consistency since the one for seeing the ending is called "The Heir"

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find the "last giant" trophy interesting. In the original Dark Souls, giants seemed to be treated like crap. Either slaves, or in the case of Hawkeye Gough, mocked and tricked into thinking he was blind. The notion that the player will kill the very last of their kind is exciting, and saddening.

I wonder if it won't be like the lady in the painted world, and not a required fight. I think, especially if there's a significant reward for doing so, and they rub it in your face a bit a la Shadow of the Colossus, that could make for a nice moment.

I like this achievement list much better than the original dark souls.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emfromthesea

@towersixteen: @jz:

Upon looking closer at the trophy image, it looks like the creature at 1:43 of this video is the "last giant". It looks more like a stone giant than the humanoid ones in Dark Souls. Perhaps this means it's guarding something, like the stone giants that were created to guard Darkroot Garden. Who knows.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'The Heir', hmm

The heir to the Dark Soul, probably.

I imagine that the twist to the story is that there is no cure to the curse, so fuck it all, let true dark be cast upon the world.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This got me even more excited.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

So tempted to look, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Still though, can't wait to play this game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Not really any spoilers, same with the other souls games.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic said:

1. Happy to see only one general "max out a weapon" achievement this time around, so less need for grinding.

I'm actually kind of bummed that the list looks relatively easy and entirely uninspired. I'd like to see an achievement for getting all uniques, maybe some multiplayer trophies, and maybe some more creative challenges thrown in instead of "light that there bonfire" (as if you won't be dying to light it anyway). At least you have to max a weapon, get all spells, and max devotion to a covenant.

I don't see why they should be handing out The Dark Soul easily, but whatever. It's not like it's going to sway me away from buying the game.

announakis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By announakis

yep it all looks similar to previous installments but less grindy so its is for the best!

some covenants got me very interested since I cannot fathom what their purpose are just based on their name...covenant of the meek ? gnawing covenant?...

and Moonlight greatsword is back! hopefully they will have balanced sorceries this time around so that it is not completely useless (99% of spells) or totally uber (dark beads) in PvP...

I cannot wait to get the gear of Lucatiel of Mirrah: the armor looks absolutely awesome and the sword is the one that was given as a greatsword in the beta to the Dual Swordsman and its moveset was really good, inspired (although just slightly) by actual HEMA moves with still some of the claymore's...

No Caption Provided

I am so curious to see this game running as a final product now!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cloudymusic

@plaintomato said:

@cloudymusic said:

I'm actually kind of bummed that the list looks relatively easy and entirely uninspired. I'd like to see an achievement for getting all uniques, maybe some multiplayer trophies, and maybe some more creative challenges thrown in instead of "light that there bonfire" (as if you won't be dying to light it anyway). At least you have to max a weapon, get all spells, and max devotion to a covenant.

I don't see why they should be handing out The Dark Soul easily, but whatever. It's not like it's going to sway me away from buying the game.

I dunno, personally, the "get all weapons/spells/miracles/whatever" and "max out all upgrade paths" achievements have been by far the least interesting to me in the previous games. It just requires you to create a checklist of all of the different things you need to get, and you can never get them all in a single playthrough. If you miss anything that's "missable," you have to replay the entire game again. And if it works like Dark Souls, you need to covenant-hop to hit 3 or 4 different ones just to get the rewards they offer that you can't get anywhere else. It's just sort of tedious.

I'd like to see some more interesting or challenging achievements too, but this list at least cuts out some of the more tedious ones.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By crithon

nerding out over this

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ezekiel

@dudeglove said:

I wonder how many will actively seek to not get that last achievement.

I wonder how many will be playing the game offline to get that achievement as late as possible.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Heir is really interesting..... hmmmmmm

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic said:

I dunno, personally, the "get all weapons/spells/miracles/whatever" and "max out all upgrade paths" achievements have been by far the least interesting to me in the previous games. It just requires you to create a checklist of all of the different things you need to get, and you can never get them all in a single playthrough. If you miss anything that's "missable," you have to replay the entire game again. And if it works like Dark Souls, you need to covenant-hop to hit 3 or 4 different ones just to get the rewards they offer that you can't get anywhere else. It's just sort of tedious.

I'd like to see some more interesting or challenging achievements too, but this list at least cuts out some of the more tedious ones.

Yeah, I completely get that POV on the grinding. Normally I'm anti-grinding BS, but I guess I just look the other way for Souls because it's one of the few gameses where I actually enjoy putting the work in. And, where for most games I'm looking to avoid multiple play-throughs, for Souls I know I'm in for many many play-throughs trophies or not. But I don't know who wrote the rule that games have to have these weak formulaic achievements - why does the creativity that goes into the game have to go completely out the window for the achievements?

I wonder how many will actively seek to not get that last achievement.

Thank you for pointing out the one interesting "achievement" opportunity. Too bad I'd have to have two versions of the game like with Demon's to even consider going for that.

@crithon said:

nerding out over this

Yeah...can't think of many games where I care enough to ramble on and on into the black void of the internet over every little pointless detail.

announakis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should include some achievements for being consistent in your character's behavior:

like one achievement for never ever killing any NPC ("saint") or the opposite, one for killing everybody ("psychopath")

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.