Dark Souls 2 News Today?

#1 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

It's been rumored that FROM Software will release some major Dark Souls 2 news this week, it being Friday, that would be at the lastest sometime later today? I'm expecting to see in-game footage, and likely an announcement that it's going to be a next gen exclusive, with all the perks that go in-hand with such a thing.

Dark Souls being a rather niche hit, I think FROM Software will aim to get the greatest possible market penetration by making it an exclusive next gen launch window title, forgoing the current generation of hardware altogether. Kinda like what Bethesda Softworks pulled-off with Oblivion, establishing their type of game to a much broader audience than it reached before, by getting to the party early.

Anyways - prepare to be *newsed*.

#2 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

You're preparing us for eventual news? :D

#3 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Looking forward to hearing something.

#4 Posted by Noctis (37 posts) -

Well Gametrailers just did a feature about dark souls and what From Software shouldn't change in the franchise, in the end of the video the narrator says that next week 11th they will have more information on the game.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

You're preparing us for eventual news? :D

I am assuming everybody's body needs to be as ready for this one as I am. The more you know... and knowing is half the battle.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

@noctis said:

Well Gametrailers just did a feature about dark souls and what From Software shouldn't change in the franchise, in the end of the video the narrator says that next week 11th they will have more information on the game.

11th then? Oh well - guess they were talking about something else on this weeks TalkRadar then. When I saw that GT video (which I didn't watch to the end), I just assumed it had to be Dark Souls 2. Looking forward to that reveal.

So what else could it be?

#7 Posted by golguin (4045 posts) -

I just saw the videos on gametrailers and they say April 11th. I wish I hadn't know because now I'm waiting for it.

#8 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Aww you had me all excited for nothing. Now the 11th can't come soon enough.

#9 Posted by Humanity (10083 posts) -

I hope they introduce regenerating health and guns to make it a bit more accessible.

Dark Souls 2: In The Hood

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.