Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark Souls 2 online not working? (PS3)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Has anyone actually been able to log on on PS3 yet? Officially the servers are supposed to be down tomorrow but not today; haven't had any luck getting online at all.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined the uber covenant but can't do anything with it yet :(

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Servers down for maintenance, as stated on the information page on the main menu of the game. There will also be some maintenance tomorrow.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: I can't connect period, the information selection is greyed out on the menu. Haven't been able to connect at all over the past 24 hours.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been helping others fight the first boss for that past hour so the servers are definitely up, quite a bit laggy but they are working. Not sure what would be preventing you from doing it

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No they are up. I've been receiving notifications that my messages are being rated and I'm seeing bloodstains.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came back up for me about 90 minutes ago.

artraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am still getting errors that I cant connect, I want to co-op with a player to take on a boss

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played for about 6 hours today...but was unable to summon or place my summon sign. Every time I tried I got "Failed to place summon sign" instantly. Couldn't even see any pc summons signs when human....could see blood stains, messages and plenty of ghosts running around though. Ended up turning it off cuz i got so bummed that a big portion of the game was unavailable to me for no apparent reason. Hope that gets cleared up quickly.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jking47

I am playing on PS3 and have not had any issues summoning or being summoned. Sometimes you get a lot of "summoning failed" messages, but I am assuming that is because someone else grabbed it before you did.

EDIT: Although, I have never been invaded, and my little brother said he tried and it did not work.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jking47: Ya not sure invasions are working. I have not been invaded, and I have yet been able to invade. But co-op is working. I see signs all over the place. I have yet to be summoned myself. But I did someone someone to test it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played all day and it worked well , except summoning somehow it is either still a bit busted (did manage to sumon a few) or people are dick and just lay summon signs for their friends or something. Invasion tho worked really great , I joined a certain covenant and was a nonstop series of fights >:3 so no they servers arent busted for me (im in Mexico by the way)

artraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even get a chance to summon I wish I knew what was going on

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Worked fine for me yesterday. Did you not read the next half frozen or so server maintainence warnings the game shows you before you do anything?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowskill11: I haven't even gotten server maintenance warnings; it's just not letting me connect period (though I've played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls online in the past 2 weeks with no issue).

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seem shaky. I've had no problems with it, but a friend of mine will sometimes not be able to see bloodstains, messages, or get summoned. Launch woes, I suppose.

SteveBunz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see blood stains and messages but theres no summon signs and i cant put one down either no matter where i am in the game what the hells going on ?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i can see blood stains and messages but theres no summon signs and i cant put one down either no matter where i am in the game what the hells going on ?

If you are in the Company of Champions covenant you can't see summons signs and you can't use your own. You basically can't co-op.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

Hasn't worked for me at all. Something about maintenance today, but I didn't get the message firsthand. Regardless, didn't see it work online yesterday either. Wish it was up and running though, it'd be nice to see this shit functioning before I get too much further. Also, never got the DLC pre-order bullshit that was promised when I bought my PSN copy. Whatever.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

Network status page currently shows "normal", for whatever that is worth. Probably not much. It does indicate an upcoming PS3 maintenance window beginning at 11pm PDT tonight that is scheduled to last for three hours.

Dark Souls II server for PS3 will be switched off for a short maintenance during the following time frame because of the PSN server maintenance.

March 13th 3:00pm - 6:00pm JST

March 13th 8:00am - 11:00pm GMT

March 13th 2:00am - 5:00am EDT

March 12th 11:00pm - March 13th 2:00am PDT

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm assuming they haven't unlocked the servers yet for Europe cause it's out here in Australia but I can't log in. Also when I tried downloading the pre-order weapons it says it unlocks on the 13th March... Which is today for me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't click the " go online " option in the menu, but I seem to be online anyway since I see players running around.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't click the " go online " option in the menu, but I seem to be online anyway since I see players running around.

Same here, and I can seemingly read player messages with varying numbers of votes. I assumed that maybe their servers were running in limp-home mode and only serving messages and incidental phantoms (is that the term for non-summoned phantoms that fade in and out?). In any case, the scheduled maintenance is going on now so I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

swimbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The servers seem to be working fine for me; bloodstains and messages are appearing and I've been invaded twice within 10 minutes. Have not tried placing summon signs nor summoned anyone yet.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering shelving this fucking game until they get their shit sorted. Still can't connect and still no word on that pre-order stuff. Really sick of games releasing without being fully functional. And it's depressing that this is just accepted now.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aetheldod

@hatking: The game has worked fine with me , done invading , summoning white phantoms etc... I dont get the complaint

Edit: I stand corrected good sir , apparently the servers went bonkers just a little while ago it seems , funny not 30 minutes ago everything was fine and dandy :/

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hatking

@aetheldod: Maybe they know I was trying to play and shut the servers down. Is this some Truman show adaptation of Dark Souls? I'm going to have to trek to the Namcobandai offices and turn the servers on, personally.

I don't know, I like the game a lot, I'm just getting a little bummed that my first real Souls experience is being hindered by this issue. It'd be nice to see the online bits functioning because they do seem to be a pretty big part of the experience.

BajaFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not working for me since launch. Over 300 sum attempts and all fail. If I put my sign down it will get picked up in 3sec but quickly fails and then I'm kicked offline and have to quit and reload the game to see blood and messages again ( also soapstone and all online items get grayed out after fail unless i reset the game)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Are the servers up right now?

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last night, I noticed that I would get a fail error when I tried to summon other people quite often. I don't know if that's a connection issue or it's because so many people are playing and they're beating me to the punch more often than not. Still, I was able to summon after a handful of tries and it didn't take longer than a minute or two.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well, submitted a CSR report, got a response, did everything they told me to do and tried a few other things as well; it definitely isn't on my end. I feel like this game will be played for years and years and eventually I'll be in a situation to play it reliably but launch stuff is usually pretty entertaining.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why you gents are having so many issues. I've been playing online ever since it hit 3am on launch day and they turned on the servers. Have yet to be invaded but I've been summoned as a grey phantom as well as co-op'ed a fair share of bosses.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I received this information in another email:

"We received some additional information from the development team... they recommended you try deleting the save data for the game and creating new save data as it's possible it may have become corrupted and may also be causing this issue with your connection to the Dark Souls II servers."

Yeah, let's just lose the past 55 hours.

nbsmola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nbsmola

@fredchuckdave: I haven't been able to log in to the servers since launch (North America). Hasn't worked even before starting a character. This is frustrating.

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm that somewhat of online functionality is working. I can summon phantoms and be summoned as well, but if I try to invade a guilty person's world as a blue phantom, I get an error message. And the whole time with the blue Sentinels I've been wearing the ring and not been summoned. And I still have yet to find out what "go online" actually means.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well it's definitely not my save file, went to a different house and the connection works. Hopefully I can get 30 Bell phantom kills in the next 3 days to get the one thing you can't do offline; the oh so valuable hidden weapon spell. As long as there's no level cap a la forest covenant I should be able to smoke almost anyone.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this game just doesn't have an online component for me. Bummer. Not that companies give a shit these days, but this was me giving the Souls games a second chance, I'm not sure I'm interested in giving them a third.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Seems like another case of the server launch woes. The online functionality has been finicky for me. Co-op seems alright, but invasions haven't been working.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally had a Black phantom show up but it was one of those things where I wasn't sure if it was a player or an NPC black phantom.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: Man, some of the BP NPCs in this are just absolutely nuts.

Outside of it not working on my other connection the game's been doing quite alright on virtually every front; bloodstains everywhere. There's a room with 0 enemies that had 7 bloodstains of people falling off a ladder.

You have access to infinite souls online thus the game is inherently easier, to counterbalance this there's several bosses that are much harder with other players (including the Last Giant).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.