Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Dark souls 2 reviews: Siegmeyer is impressed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Reviews may contain spoilers but i am not surprised that Dark souls 2 has been reviewed well. The souls franchise is a very special and unique franchise it is a damn shame i will have to wait till friday to play this game.

Are you guys picked it up or waiting on the PC version ?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Personally I'm waiting for the Dreamcast release because of the superior controllers with an LED memory cart, but I'll be getting it for 360 in the meantime whenever stores start selling it in Europe.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: Uhh you can't souls properly without two analogs dummy!

I was never tempted to get Dark Souls on PC since I had already had my fill on the 360. Likewise I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun playing it on 360 this time around as well. I kind of find it hilarious to see people need to validate their choice by very openly announcing in comments "WELL IM WAITING TILL THE 25TH TO GET THE PC VERSION" like hey dood, good for you.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Carryboy

Psshh you Dark souls newbies everyone knows the Saturn version is the definitive one.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tourgen

Reviews are looking great. I'm waiting for PC version. Or maybe not, I don't know. I own the other two souls games on PS3 anyway.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity said:

Personally I'm waiting for the Dreamcast release because of the superior controllers with an LED memory cart, but I'll be getting it for 360 in the meantime whenever stores start selling it in Europe.

I sure hope that's sarcasm. It is right? Cause that Dreamcast controller is pretty bad, then again, i mostly played MvC2 on it and that D-pad on it hurt. That said, that memory cart thingy whatever it was called was kinda cool.

On topic, I don't think it takes that much to impress Siegmeyer, but those scores speak for themselves. Now for me to wait cause of the crappy different release dates. Grr...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I sure hope that's sarcasm. It is right? Cause that Dreamcast controller is pretty bad, then again, i mostly played MvC2 on it and that D-pad on it hurt. That said, that memory cart thingy whatever it was called was kinda cool.

On topic, I don't think it takes that much to impress Siegmeyer, but those scores speak for themselves. Now for me to wait cause of the crappy different release dates. Grr...

I honestly played very little of the Dreamcast and remember the controller being kinda weird but still better than the N64 controller - for me anyway.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Dreamcast controller could cut your fingers to shreds. The sharp edges on the d-pad, the little bumps on the stick, the hard plastic blips on the face buttons. Marathon Virtua Tennis sessions meant very sore thumb...tips.

So many good reviews. Lots of people saying it's bigger and better than Dark Souls, which is what you want, and no complaints about frame rate or anything.

Excite

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shinjin977

O god o god im getting the shakes! I cant make it to april. Someone stop me!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

LETS DO THIS YOU TOSSERS

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By viking_funeral

I wonder if this game has Game of the Year potential, or if it has been released too early in the year.

I'm also curious what it means that this is the mostly the only thing I'm hearing about online in video game forums today, when today is also the day that Titanfall drops. Am I just hanging out with a different online crowd, or is that game's sales potential being overhyped?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Praise the Sun! \O/

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By strainedeyes

I wonder if this game has Game of the Year potential, or if it has been released too early in the year.

I think, at least with Giant Bomb, it has a good chance of making the list (as long as they all think it's good enough). There are at least 3 staff members who are way into the Souls series this time around and will go to bat for it, unlike the last two times where it was just Vinny talking to walls.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@strainedeyes: Anything Brad is behind he will generally go to bat for.

Except Diablo 3. Man, did the drop that game like a stack of hot bricks.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well that just warms my nearly hollowed heart. I can't wait to play on the 25!

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, from the days when it was just me... and a bunch of scared individuals who wouldn't touch this series. Obviously now that it's become popular I of course hate it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By LegalBagel

@viking_funeral said:

I think, at least with Giant Bomb, it has a good chance of making the list (as long as they all think it's good enough). There are at least 3 staff members who are way into the Souls series this time around and will go to bat for it, unlike the last two times where it was just Vinny talking to walls.

I'm already looking forward to Jeff going absolutely nuts as everyone but him tries to push the game further up the top ten list.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: A Dark Souls VMU mini-game would be amaaaazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
    deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just had to release the first contender for GOTY 2014 in the same month as Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

And Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster.

And South Park: SOT

And the PS3 port of Fez

And Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7: I'm still waiting on the retro pixel 8bit side scroller inspired by dark souls and funded on Kickstarter

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just had to release the first contender for GOTY 2014 in the same month as Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

And Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remaster.

And South Park: SOT

And the PS3 port of Fez

And Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY

Couldn't agree more. This is a great month for gaming. Also, the lack of a NA release date for Layton v. Ace Attorney is killing me inside.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

@humanity said:

@shirogane said:

@humanity said:

I honestly played very little of the Dreamcast and remember the controller being kinda weird but still better than the N64 controller - for me anyway.

I recently replaced the analog sticks on my N64 controller with these and now I think the controller is weird but awesome!

On the Dark Souls II note, I'm getting the 360 version! It's coming later today. I was afraid they might've messed it up or something but the reviews seem super positive so I'm happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.