Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Enemy respawn mechanic ... how does it actually work?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Heya,

I'm still waiting for the PC-version of the game so I didn't get to play it yet. But from what I gathered the enemys at some point stop respawning in any given area.

I also heard that there is a way (an item?) that allows to respawn the enemy population.

Can anyone explain to me how that works? Are the enemys harder? Do they give more souls? Is the supply of those "respawn-items" limited?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2headedninja: Enemies stop respawning after a certain number of time you have defeated each one of them. Yes ther is an item to respawn enemies , used at a bonfire in the level were you want them to respawn (including bosses) , yes they become harder as they become NG+ when respawned (and stays NG+ always when you begin anew so in a NG+ the ones you respawned become NG++ and so on) And yes there are limited supplies but if you keep using them at the same bonfire you eventually will make your life harder. But its a cool mechanic.

Hengst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hengst

You can read up on it here. http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Bonfire_Ascetic

I suggest choosing one as your starting gift if you think you might need to farm a specific item from an enemy. I wish I had taken one as I've found them to be pretty rare.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hengst said:

You can read up on it here. http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Bonfire_Ascetic

I suggest choosing one as your starting gift if you think you might need to farm a specific item from an enemy. I wish I had taken one as I've found them to be pretty rare.

There are actually a couple of merchants that have a limited supply of them (like 10 or something) so it's not that bad.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

@hengst: I've got 6 so far and I'm satisfied with my Petrified Something as a starting gift. I got a Petrified Dragon Bone out of it.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hadoken101

@aetheldod: When they get respawned, are they respawned a single time per use? Or do they get a new "set" of lives?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hadoken101 said:

@aetheldod: When they get respawned, are they respawned a single time per use? Or do they get a new "set" of lives?

The latter. If they only respawn edonce, that would be super lame, and not help you with farming a particular drop that you're looking for from an enemy.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info guys :)

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@2headedninja: Enemies stop respawning after a certain number of time you have defeated each one of them.

Is this strictly true? For me they seem to start disapearing when I have died a number of times, and they go even faster after I have knocked out a boss. Is the definitive answer out there?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@leebmx said:

@aetheldod said:

@2headedninja: Enemies stop respawning after a certain number of time you have defeated each one of them.

Is this strictly true? For me they seem to start disapearing when I have died a number of times, and they go even faster after I have knocked out a boss. Is the definitive answer out there?

it's kills, you probably killed the ones that stopped respawning after dying mid level. I've intentionally killed certain mobs so i have an easier run through dragon shrine while the monsters at the beginning are still intact.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By leebmx

@marz said:

@leebmx said:

@aetheldod said:

it's kills, you probably killed the ones that stopped respawning after dying mid level. I've intentionally killed certain mobs so i have an easier run through dragon shrine while the monsters at the beginning are still intact.

I suppose that does make a certain sense. Its always the ones closest to the bonfire (furthest from the boss) who disappear first, and it stands to reason I have killed them the most times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.