Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Favorite builds to use?

Aboyandhisblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aboyandhisblog

By favorite, I don't mean the minmaxiest build you could find, but your personal favorite build. The build that you've had the most fun with! Stats or just a general description is fine.

My personal favorite is to get two Mythas bent blades, dual-wield them, then put on:

• Gyrm Warriors Greathelm (for sheer defense/poise)
    • Jesters torso (for destroying backstabbers and parries)
    • RoP (for when you gotta run away like a bitch)
    • Engraved gauntlets (for those random crits)
    • Alonne captain leggings (because fire resist is sexy)
    • And then any combination of other rings depending on situation.

It doesn't work 50% of the time, but it's really fun. Also, you should throw poops at people because there's no counter to poopstrats.

So yeah, your favorite builds!

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Loafsmooch

Great lances and twinblades are the most fun weapons for me. They don't really require any specific builds or gear. Just use a weapon buff and equip stone ring = win!

Aboyandhisblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great lances and twinblades are the most fun weapons for me. They don't really require any specific builds or gear. Just use a weapon buff and put on stone ring = win!

Have you done a dual-wield great lance build? The running attack with power stance is insanely fun to use.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loafsmooch said:

Great lances and twinblades are the most fun weapons for me. They don't really require any specific builds or gear. Just use a weapon buff and put on stone ring = win!

Have you done a dual-wield great lance build? The running attack with power stance is insanely fun to use.

Yeah, it's good fun to mess around with.. I also really like the helix halberd for the massive damage of its strong attack. And fist weapons are surprisingly powerful when powerstancing. But none of these are sadly not that useful in PvP against any decent opponent, so my overall most fun build is still a straight up mage with a rapier in offhand. It's super effective in PvP!

Aboyandhisblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aboyandhisblog said:
    @loafsmooch said:

Yeah, it's good fun to mess around with.. I also really like the helix halberd for the massive damage of its strong attack. And fist weapons are surprisingly powerful when powerstancing. But none of these are sadly not that useful in PvP against any decent opponent, so my overall most fun build is still a straight up mage with a rapier in offhand. It's super effective in PvP!

Ah, I've never tried that one. Might have to have a go at some point.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Full Jester set with the Ultra GreatSword you get in No Man's Wharf. Accept no substitute.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I didn't play a whole lot of variety in my build, which was pretty min maxed, but it was a really great build the more I added to it. I started out with a BKH two handed and that was the only weapon equipped. I eventually peaked my str, dex and fire stats. It's great for up close sweeping attacks. I eventually needed to add more options to my build, so a poison spotted whip is my mid range status effect option. Then I added a bow, then a better bow, and a better bow and a better bow. My lightning Bow of Want with lightning arrows can do over 400 lightning damage per shot, that just eats through the commonly used shields. Anyone who backs off enough for me to pull it out gets torn up. It's the most fun part of the build. I finally added an attunement slot at around level 230 so now I can use the flame weapon buff and I've added a healing spell.

Clovin64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be very hesitant to try out pure mage builds as I was always far more comfortable with melee builds, but recently in Dark 2 I stuck with my Sorcerer class and eventually became quite addicted to magic. Now I'm a pure Mage build with 50 INT and 50 ATT, wearing full Hex gear and wielding a Witchtree Branch +10 and a Fire Longsword +8 for the occasional close up attack. Problem is, I'm now steam rolling all the enemies in PvE, and I'm only just past Drangleic Castle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.