Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Forest of Fallen G's: inaccessible section?

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In an open area of the Fallen Forest there's a fallen tree and platforms. At the bottom are numerous zombies and two caves, one of which has a fire lizard and the fire sword. How do you get to the other side of the open area? Across the way I see more platforms and treasure, but I can't get there.

thanks

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

@laudasolem: Thats an end game section ... dont worry about it till you get a certain ring.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

you get there much later

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Where you entered the building with the bonfire and the merchant hag, go back out that door, and drop down. Straight ahead of the door.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Zevvion

You mean that if you stand on ground floor in front of the cave you mentioned that has a fire lizard in it; how you can get up higher? You can't until much later in the game. Nearing the end basically.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dem fallen G's. 1994.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Zevvion

@sterling said:

Where you entered the building with the bonfire and the merchant hag, go back out that door, and drop down. Straight ahead of the door.

I think he is referring to the part where you (don't read this part OP, spoilers): open the door with the King's Ring and go to memory of Jeigh.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking of the scaffolds on the other side looking from the lift.

Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you really want to get over there earlier, just look up the forest of fallen giants skip/jump/shortcut. It may contain spoilers so I will do my best to give a non-spoiler description below.

From the Cardinal Tower bonfire, walk out the double door you opened. You'll see a broken section of wall almost directly in front of you. You can jump onto the lower section of the broken wall on your right. It may take some effort and I recommend unarmed jumping attacks (forward and L2 or R2, depending on what hand is empty) - jumping left onto the broken wall from the ground to the right of it, next to where the wall is more intact.

Once you're on the broken wall, look towards the area where you can see some elevated platforms and a small courtyard. You need to run and then jump along the wall toward the closest edge of those wooden platforms. Be forewarned, you can not survive this jump without enough health or some means of mitigating fall damage. I would also suggest setting your jump to Left Stick rather than double tap B or O, this allows you to do precise jumps while still running as double tapping is much harder to time and can stop your run (turning the jump into a roll). You will need as much room as possible to start the running animation so go as far left as you can, line up the angle you want to jump at, and keep trying - it's not easy.

There's nothing over that can spoil anything by the way. You're just not supposed to get there until later.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@zevvion said:

@sterling said:

I think he is referring to the part where you (don't read this part OP, spoilers): open the door with the King's Ring and go to memory of Jeigh.

I think he's referring to the pit with the four salamanders, which is still late game, but not as late game as that other section.

Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@sterling said:

I think he's referring to the pit with the four salamanders, which is still late game, but not as late game as that other section.

That area isn't really late game just difficult - those salamanders are crazy. You can drop into that area if you head down the ladder next to the bonfire; just drop onto the big pile of rubbish in the lower doorway (need enough health or falling mitigation or course). I'd also suggest killing the salamanders with range before going down there and "Be wary of hole then death".

You can also get into that area by killing the salamander in the tunnel near the fire sword and jumping into that hole (though it's a pretty tricky jump).

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.