GeDoSaTo's GFX Mod (makes game prettier)

#1 Edited by handlas (2664 posts) -

Anyone tried this? I'm all for making a game look better. I think the bump of color/contrast (based on the video) makes it look better. I'm just concerned about trying it myself before getting the a-okay that others got it working with no problems. In his last update he stated that you could potentially be banned from online because steam might think you are cheating. Anyone had that happen?

I used his fix for Dark Souls 1 which greatly improved the look of the game.

Gamespot video demonstrating it:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/dark-souls-ii-gfx-mod-downsampled-4k-visual-overha/2300-6418640/

Link to his blog where you can get it:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

#2 Posted by Karkarov (3008 posts) -

Yeah it makes the game looks better save two things,

1: It makes the ui elements semi transparent, at least it does for me. That is annoying.... but tolerable.

2: Fraps is unable to record video while you are using it. For a guy doing a let's play, that's a deal breaker.

#3 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6191 posts) -

@karkarov said:

Yeah it makes the game looks better save two things,

1: It makes the ui elements semi transparent, at least it does for me. That is annoying.... but tolerable.

2: Fraps is unable to record video while you are using it. For a guy doing a let's play, that's a deal breaker.

Did you try something like XSplit local record?

There is also the GEM + GeDoSaTo mod which helps makes it look closer to the preview builds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.