Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Help with Iron keep first boss

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TJMasterK

Having trouble with the optional boss in Irons keep. I really want to beat it. Anyone online wanna join me on the PS3 in jolly cooperation? or maybe some tips to beat it?

Would highly appreciate it. Ill be near the first bonfire. call sign is Broseidon626

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Are you a strength build by chance? Because the Gyrm great shield will practically make you invulnerable to his attacks. Also, you should probably note which console you're on and what level you are.

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TJMasterK
    @yummylee said:

Are you a strength build by chance? Because the Gyrm great shield will practically make you invulnerable to his attacks. Also, you should probably note which console you're on and what level you are.

oops, indeed. I'm on the PS3 and lvl 78. I'm more of the maneuverable type so my strength is 26 for the great swords.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would help just online doesn't work for me at present, you more or less have to master his attack patterns and at that SL the phantoms you get aren't going to be particularly helpful. Most often when people beat Smelter their SL is in the 120-150 range to give you an idea.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You either get the gyrm greatshield and block his fire attacks or get good at dodging his attacks. All his attacks can be avoided, I beat it with my duel wielder but it's a god damn tough fight.

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@tjmasterk: SL is Soul Level. And yeah, as others have said just get good at dodging his attacks. I took off my pants and my shield(to get the light roll) and 2 handed my weapon when I beat him. Once you recognize his pattern the timing on a couple of attacks is pretty tight, but most of his stuff is pretty easy to avoid. If you're really hitting a wall he's skippable.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Spoiler/Tip

For the love of god when he sticks his sword in the ground back away he sometimes does an AOE attack, so many people try to attack him

I've tried helping people on that boss and I can't tell you how many died doing that, one time it was probably 5 guys in a row

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TJMasterK

@ozzie: I've learned that the hard way lol

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

roll to the left twice, attack and back up, unless he stabs the ground after the second swing. Let otheres summon you a few times so you can learn his attack pattern without worrying about loosing your souls and such.

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnd just bet him, did it with some sun bros. Thanks Duders for the tips, highly appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.