Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

I just used 2 Bonfire Ascetics in Things Betwixt

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By perilator666

I just used 2 Bonfire Ascetics in Things Betwixt.

Did i screw myself in NG+?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

Not really, it will be set to NG+++ when you get into NG+, but you can easily avoid everything in Things Betwixt and get into Majula. Ascetics just boost the current area.

Why did you burn them there?

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To kill time and farm souls. I just didn't think about it carrying over into NG+ untill after I'd done it. I hope it won't be an issue.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Farming souls in things betwixt is useless. If you want more souls just do some coop.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To kill time and farm souls. I just didn't think about it carrying over into NG+ untill after I'd done it. I hope it won't be an issue.

Just move on. There is never really a need to farm souls but you'll come to much better farming areas.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strainedeyes: I've actually found I need more souls from time to time. But then again I tend to spend a lot of them on useless crap like armor I'll never use.

@pyrodactyl: Why is farming souls in Things Betwixt useless but farming souls on just as dull boss fights isnt?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By strainedeyes

@perilator666 said:

@pyrodactyl: Why is farming souls in Things Betwixt useless but farming souls on just as dull boss fights isnt?

How many are you getting per Betwixt run? It can't be that many. There are much better areas to farm in.

While ranking up the Sun covenant I dropped my summon sign near the Skeletons boss fight and basically kept getting summoned right away, by the time I did 30 (to rank up all the way) I had like 140,000 souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-6109c8479bb3d
    deactivated-6109c8479bb3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@perilator666 said:

Bosses are more lucrative, and, theoretically, is more abundant than regular enemies. By 'abundant' I mean that: you can farm the enemies about 10~ish times before they stop respawning at the current difficulty level, but you can mine the entire player-base for bosses. Also, Things Betwixt is probably the lowest yield enemies, because they're the starter enemies.

Plus there's virtually zero risk dying at a boss fight as a phantom. No corpse running if you die, and only your consumables get spent. Winning a boss fight as a phantom also restores your Estus, Spells, Hexes, and Miracles when you get back.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time a got 50k out of it, just the Falconers and red phantoms. At the start of the game that's pretty decent.

I just threw the second one in and didn't pay attention to how much that gave. It takes like 20 to 25 minutes to clear them out.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time a got 50k out of it, just the Falconers and red phantoms. At the start of the game that's pretty decent.

I just threw the second one in and didn't pay attention to how much that gave. It takes like 20 to 25 minutes to clear them out.

late game bosses give between 30 and 70k souls per run. Early bosses give about 15-20k. I also don't know about you but running farming runs is much more blend and boring than jolly cooperation.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@perilator666: If you keep refighting Giant Lord you can easily make 1 million souls in under an hour. Don't waste your time and supplies on areas that aren't worth it. Much better places to get mass amounts of souls.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By perilator666

Now I feel bad that I wasted my Ascetics. Thanks guys. :(

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is like 20 in one playthrough the game so don't feel bad

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@perilator666 said:

They can actually be farmed out infinitely once you hit level 3 with the Dark Covenant.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@mosespippy said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@perilator666 said:

They can actually be farmed out infinitely once you hit level 3 with the Dark Covenant.

Yup, the Dark Cov. also sells 10 ascetics. Chloanne 3, Navlaan 5 of them. You find 10 or so throughout the world. You can farm ascetics infinitly by fighting tough enemies in Dark Cov. Don't feel bad about burning a couple but I'd save them for rare drops.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, there are that many in the game?

Do the fire ladies respawn? Just in case I ever want mine back. They drop lots of effigies :)

I only used one so far, when I noticed other peoples chugs to give more health back and watched some youtube realizing that my estus was unupgraded. I had somehow missed the mace knight drop. So I upped that bonfire to get it. I would prefer to stick with regular NG+ runs but it seemed like a quick fix at the time, hope I wont regret it :) Don't think dragonrider will ever pose much of a problem being a game deeper than the rest. I hope Orenstein didn't upgrade as well...

Talon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pumped all my ascetics into dragon aerie to farm shards and the Rotten and Iron King bosses to farm souls.

Not knowing that it all carries through and adds a tick in NG+, but I got them all pretty high already. I got the Aerie up to 8 or 9, Iron King to maybe 4 and the Rotten to 10 so I don't think I'm screwing myself much there.

But does any difficulty/soul drop increase cap out when you reach 10 intensity, because it seemed like I didn't get any extra souls from The Rotten when I went from 9 to 10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.