Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Is this a bonfire screen bug?

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got up to Drangleic Castle and when I got to the bonfire behind an illusionary wall, lit it, and brought up the bonfire select screen it had more than before. So far I had uncovered 22 (main picture) locations but in all I now had 27 but 5 of those were grayed out. Also on the main Drangleic Caslte picture I had 4 bonfires pictures in all with 2 grayed out. But I only had lit 2 bonfires in the castle.

Has this happened to you? It seemed a bit odd so would be interesting to find out.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It happens to everyone, in all versions. Not sure if its a bug, or if its meant to do that.

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for clearing that up, the grayed out ones are all levels then? It felt like a cool bug anyway. A bit like that big bug bug when I thought it wasn't moving.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

Ya, they are places you haven't been to yet. And some places might have bonfires you missed or haven't been able to get to yet also.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah what sterling said. It just represents the bonfires you haven't found. It gives you a nice idea on what areas you might not have cleared as well as you thought you did while also giving you an idea of how much of the game is left.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

Yea it just seems to happen at some point to be like "This could all be yours"

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it's intentional. Maybe From doesn't want you to go on clean-up patrol until you're sufficiently far enough into the game for that to matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.