Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

IT'S HAPPENING

• 62 results
    YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YOU_DIED
    No Caption Provided

God damn, I can't remember the last time I was excited for a video game release. I think I've spent well over 400 hours on Dark Souls, and I've been really close to purchasing a PS3 solely for the purpose of playing Demons Souls. What is on everyone's wish list for this next title? Mine: more covenant related content, some of them were pretty weak in DkS. If humanity is in the game, more of a penalty for not being human, perhaps a chunk of your health like in DS.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Probably one of the lowest priorities that FROM Software has but I'd like to see some vastly improved character models. The player characters still look really horrible.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JZ

This news pleases me greatly

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I was so surprised! I thought before the show that only a few games would actually get me super excited and shit my pants, Persona 4-2/5, BUlly 2, Banjo-Threeie, and Dark Souls 2. And then they show it and I had no idea what it was. I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR DARK SOULS 2! VIDEO GAMES! PRAISE THE SUN!

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By bushpusherr

Better netcode. I rarely, if ever, had an even playable multiplayer encounter. It made most of the covenants totally pointless for me.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terramagi

Better PC version, but I think they've learned from the first time.

More "complete" world. The game got really wonky near the end. There are literally points in Lost Izalith you could stand and stare out at the void where skyboxes end.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By bacongames

LOOK AT THAT ORBIS HOTNESS

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Barrabas

I should probably finish Dark Souls before the sequel comes out, but jumping straight into a fight with Nito after not having played for a year will probably not end well. Well, it will probably end worse than normal anyway.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Dude, that trailer was fucking nuts. I wonder if there's going to be a less obtuse story to follow this go 'round. It has to be on FROM's mind.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Turambar

@Oldirtybearon said:

Dude, that trailer was fucking nuts. I wonder if there's going to be a less obtuse story to follow this go 'round. It has to be on FROM's mind.

I'd actually be disappointed if the story was presented in a traditional way.

@Barrabas said:

I should probably finish Dark Souls before the sequel comes out, but jumping straight into a fight with Nito after not having played for a year will probably not end well. Well, it will probably end worse than normal anyway.

Nito's a chump, you'll do fine.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Turambar: I wouldn't say traditional, but less obtuse. Shit, all I really want is a codex I can read through.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Rafaelfc

Looks awesome! over/under on it being a next gen release?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By murisan

Well, I guess we all lost the "guess the name of the next Souls game" game.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jozzy

Man that is the best of news!!

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird how it had no date, platforms, or developer. Trailer tone seemed different from past games, could it not be From making it?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Phatmac

That dragon looked pretty sick.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Turambar

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Turambar: I wouldn't say traditional, but less obtuse. Shit, all I really want is a codex I can read through.

A Codex is pretty much the go to narrative device at this point in video games. I want the lore of a Souls game to remain a puzzle players piece together through scattered clues all over the game, from dialogue to item descriptions to the location of items and enemies.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By gaminghooligan

PRAISE THE SUN

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Turambar said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

A Codex is pretty much the go to narrative device at this point in video games. I want the lore of a Souls game to remain a puzzle players piece together through scattered clues all over the game, from dialogue to item descriptions to the location of items and enemies.

no, the go-to narrative device is speaking characters following a linear progression of actions and reactions. A codex is taking accumulated information and organizing it for the player's perusal.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By envane

@Terramagi: some of that void in lost izalith is actually the graveyard of the giants which is visible from it , but yeah i know what you mean.. that or the abyss which is sometimes visible from other areas and is literally just a big black flat disc , weird stuff

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Terramagi

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Turambar said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

no, the go-to narrative device is speaking characters following a linear progression of actions and reactions. A codex is taking accumulated information and organizing it for the player's perusal.

Having things still be in item descriptions, but have it be added to a centralized location so that you actually understand that the information exists wouldn't be a bad thing.

Like, imagine when you picked up the Purging Stone, and it added the information in its item description to Carim's codex page, so you get the idea that the Earl of Carim is a really jacked up dude from there?

It'd be the same thing as in Dark Souls, except you won't have people going "THERE'S NO STORY" because they don't know to hit square to toggle to the item description.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Turambar

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Turambar said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

Let me rephrase my comment because we're speaking about two different things. The codex is pretty much the most popular device with which to link together and present narrative related information in an obvious manner. I don't want the Souls series presenting narrative related information in that easy to access fashion out side of the basic "go here and kill that guy to progress".

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BabyChooChoo

PRAISE THE SUN, MOTHAFUCKAS

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Terramagi

@envane said:

@Terramagi: some of that void in lost izalith is actually the graveyard of the giants which is visible from it , but yeah i know what you mean.. that or the abyss which is sometimes visible from other areas and is literally just a big black flat disc , weird stuff

Yeah, I know. I mostly mean the shit to the side of the Bed of Chaos fog gate. It's just a grey void.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25  Edited By zyn

Time to reunite Matt Rorie, Brad, and Vinny for a hour (or hopefully, longer) quick look!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Turambar

@Terramagi said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Turambar said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

Having things still be in item descriptions, but have it be added to a centralized location so that you actually understand that the information exists wouldn't be a bad thing.

Like, imagine when you picked up the Purging Stone, and it added the information in its item description to Carim's codex page, so you get the idea that the Earl of Carim is a really jacked up dude from there?

It'd be the same thing as in Dark Souls, except you won't have people going "THERE'S NO STORY" because they don't know to hit square to toggle to the item description.

The last thing I'd want is to pick up the Enchanted Ember and a section fills in to let you know that thing is only found in Oolacile, giving away the truth of the Darkroot Garden in a tidy package.

commonoutlier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By commonoutlier

I definitely want more co-op opportunities (not to be confused with PvP and competitive multiplayer gameplay)...but I'm a co-op nut, so I want more meaningful co-op wherever it could be appropriate...and I feel as though the Demon/Dark Souls games could do more of it in fun, innovative ways.

Though, I can wait for this sequel...I'm not at all yet tired of Dark Souls (though, nor have I finished the game)...but of course I hope I have by the time this comes out.

Oh, and I could always use more sunbros.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jrinswand

Could I get a link or something? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lovely trailer.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By cornbredx

No clue what ya'll are talking about. I assume there is going to be a sequel to dark souls which I honestly don't find all that shocking. Would love it if people who made threads didn't act like everybody was in on whatever they're talking about though. Would make reading forum threads so much easier sometimes. 
    Nice pic btw.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By mosespippy

I wouldn't be opposed to having it take place in Astora or having Allfather Lloyd be a more central character, even if he isn't in the game. I would love to see another painting by Aramis. Vereor Nox.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Turambar

@Jrinswand: The uploaded video just got taken off youtube. The trailer was shown during the VGAs.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#34  Edited By Marino  Staff
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Marino said:

Looks like it's still on PS3, 360, and PC.

https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/statuses/277261817586262016

PC huh? That should be really interesting. I don't really expect it to be any better but that's still great news. Other then that a sequel was unsurprising though I'm incredibly excited now. Probably the only thing I'm looking forward to in a long time.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TobbRobb

OMGGETHYPEIWANTHISINMYPANTS!

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By YOU_DIED
    Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Dark Souls 2 compatible with Kinect Party Boat. Calling it now.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ares42
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By grilledcheez

Endur...AH FUCK IT

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SuperWristBands

@YOU_DIED said:

@Marino said:

Yea, I noticed that here:

No Caption Provided

huh. is that the pendant from Dark Souls? Did anyone ever find out what that thing did? Or is that just some other pendant? I can't say I've been keeping up with my Dark Souls lore lately.

(also, oh god kinect?)

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@SuperWristBands said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Marino said:

Yea, I noticed that here:

No Caption Provided

huh. is that the pendant from Dark Souls? Did anyone ever find out what that thing did? Or is that just some other pendant? I can't say I've been keeping up with my Dark Souls lore lately.

(also, oh god kinect?)

The game director admitted that the pendant didn't ever have a purpose or serve any function. It was just a roleplaying prop.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By envane

@SuperWristBands: in a recent interview with the main designer , the pendant was 100% confirmed to do nothing at all , they deliberately seeded the confusion with one of the original interviews where the developer said he would reccomend that gift over the other ones. they even joke about fans obsessive nature over the pendant by making a new pendant item a central plot item for the dlc.

from that picture , if anything , im sure that theyre going to keep using pendants as intentional red herrings / mysterys etc ..

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By envane

@Oldirtybearon: oh and they also mention the original xbox logo copyright in there , so hopefully its just some catchall fine print thats stuck on any xbox product.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Oldirtybearon: @envane:

I've been had! Blast it!

Seriously. I would always take the pendant in case I stumbled upon something it might do. Ashamed to say I was rather obsessed with it. I don't know what to do with myself right now...

:(

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deusx
    No Caption Provided

I AM IN THE VERGE OF FUCKING TEARS. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, I AM NOW THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. MY DIIICKKKK

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MezZa

@Ares42 said:

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/corpinfo/release/pdf/ds2_jp_web_20121208.pdf Press release on From Software's site. I'm guessing it's not really much interesting, but anyone able to translate ?

edit: did a google translate and they seem to mention improving the online functionality.

Well, online functionality improvements are definitely a step in the right direction.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By psylah

This is amazing.

I have been telling my friends I had no games I was looking forward to until the next Souls game.

AND HERE IT IS.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#49  Edited By BeachThunder

Nice to see a PC version announced right from the get go.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By emem

Great trailer.  

When I saw the title I had a tear in my right eye... I just can not wait to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.