Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

July 22 Chest.... So what did you get?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Karkarov

I am suspecting we are dealing with a Petrified something scenario here for some reason. Today the DLC officially released but as you may recall from the older announcements there would also be a special item in the chest at majula today. Maybe a pendant, maybe a mimic, maybe something else? I only got two characters to open it with but they both got the same thing... So here is what I got... a Murakomo. But not just any old Murakomo, this one has a custom texture and is a black handle with a darker blued steel sort of blade, well it was free too.

Stat wise they are identical. Same damage, same scaling, same weight, etc etc. Same moveset and description too. All that has changed is the texture/color of it basically. While I was hoping for something cooler this is still sort of neat. I am sort of hoping it is random though and everyone may not get the same thing. Even if we all get the same at least this post is a reminder to those of us who play to hit up that chest and score some loot!!!

Comparison pic below, if you want to see the full size pic click HERE.

No Caption Provided
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Everyone will get a reskinned Murakumo from that chest. It is not random.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Welp. I'll never use that. I'd have rather had more smooth and silky stones.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groin: That sucks, but like i said, worst case scenario this is a reminder for people to loot the chest. Something is infinitely better than nothing.

Welp. I'll never use that. I'd have rather had more smooth and silky stones.

Yeah that is sort of my issue too, I am just not into the "ultra" weapons that swing super slow. I like to stick to one hand maces, straight swords, and a few great swords like the Mastodon and Black Knight.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@karkarov: While I think the "true" or vanilla way to play the game is 1h sword + shield I still had a lot of fun with stuff like the Malformed Skull in Dark Souls II and the grey dark chasm of old phantoms that dual wield Drakekeeper Great Hammers are inspiring .

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: While I think the "true" or vanilla way to play the game is 1h sword + shield I still had a lot of fun with stuff like the Malformed Skull in Dark Souls II and the grey dark chasm of old phantoms that dual wield Drakekeeper Great Hammers are inspiring .

I am not sure inspiring is the word I would use -_-

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All I got was a soul vessel... I only opened it 1 other time so maybe that is why, kind of annoying though.

Enef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My chest is still opened from before the DLC release (pc) not sure when it will give me the item...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.