Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Let's Talk Dark Souls II?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Speculation on what this is? Is it the bombers talking about it? Or will they have special guests talking about it? What will they be talking about? Is it new info they are breaking? What is this!

isentorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By isentorr

Patrick got in touch with VaatiVidya on twitter. I don't know whether that is for an article he is planning on writing or for this. Either way I'm looking forward to what ever it is.

Edit: I should clarify for anyone who doesn't know. Vaati is a guy on youtube who talks alot about the lore of the Souls series.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My guess would be that it's Vinny, Patrick and Brad talking about what they already know about Dark Souls 2 and speculating on things that might be in the game or what they hope is in the game.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Butt vids

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think there was a preview event recently. I'm guessing it will be them going over the footage they got from the event and talking about it.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedRoach

I'm more interested in what happened to todays' Demons Souls. it vanished from the coming up section.

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
    deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

Is it the bombers talking about it?

No, don't be crazy.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ganbowki said:

Patrick got in touch with VaatiVidya on twitter. I don't know whether that is for an article he is planning on writing or for this. Either way I'm looking forward to what ever it is.

Edit: I should clarify for anyone who doesn't know. Vaati is a guy on youtube who talks alot about the lore of the Souls series.

That actually has me interested in this feature. Definitely much more so than the alternatives.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redroach said:

I'm more interested in what happened to todays' Demons Souls. it vanished from the coming up section.

check the top of the page. The countdown for it is up.

I've noticed that stuff disappears from the Coming Up section once the countdown hits a certain threshold.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@ganbowki said:

That actually has me interested in this feature. Definitely much more so than the alternatives.

Mmm, yeah, that actually sounds really interesting if they can get him. EpicNameBro would be another one that'd be nice to have, but there might be a few issues, being that he actually knows the game, probably, better than anyone else right now.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirogane said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@ganbowki said:

Mmm, yeah, that actually sounds really interesting if they can get him. EpicNameBro would be another one that'd be nice to have, but there might be a few issues, being that he actually knows the game, probably, better than anyone else right now.

ENB is always a get, but he's in Japan and scheduling a skype chat would probably be a lot harder than getting Vaat. Not that he's less of a get; I think Vaati has better "camera" presence than ENB does. Bro tends to ramble quite a bit while Vaati is succinct and to the point.

isentorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By isentorr

Well they just confirmed they played it on Breaking Brad.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chroipahtz

@ganbowki said:

Who is the "they" who played it?

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@ganbowki said:

Oh, that would be great. I've been watching a bunch of his videos and discussions about DS2 lately.

If it's just the GB crew talking about DS2, I don't think it's gonna be interesting because they barely know anything about the lore and from what I can tell, haven't been keeping up with DS2 news to keep it a surprise.

isentorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganbowki said:

Brad and Vinny confirmed they played Dark Souls 2. But they can't talk about it until tomorrow, hence the show tomorrow.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganbowki said:
    @ttthrasher said:

@ganbowki said:

Brad and Vinny confirmed they played Dark Souls 2. But they can't talk about it until tomorrow, hence the show tomorrow.

Yeah, and it sounds like they will rope Rorie into the stream tomorrow too, to talk all things Dark Souls.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benderunit22: Since none of them seems to care about the lore, I think it'll be more about the mechanics etc. That still holds if they get another person in on the stream.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@amyggen said:

@benderunit22: Since none of them seems to care about the lore, I think it'll be more about the mechanics etc. That still holds if they get another person in on the stream.

That is literally the worst most boring uneventful pointless stupid discussion they will probably have, and now my excitement has deflated.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: That's personally what I care about. Love the Souls games, never cared much about the lore/story. It's pure gameplay for me.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thats cool they got an extended play with it. The show should be good tomorrow. Looking forwarding to hearing what they have to say about it. I've been avoiding everything about the game to go in completely fresh/new. But I will listen to what they have to say about it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By golguin

@shirogane said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@ganbowki said:

ENB is always a get, but he's in Japan and scheduling a skype chat would probably be a lot harder than getting Vaat. Not that he's less of a get; I think Vaati has better "camera" presence than ENB does. Bro tends to ramble quite a bit while Vaati is succinct and to the point.

The main thing with ENB is that he's under an embargo since he already beat Dark Souls 2 and he's involved in writing the guide for it. Vaati is fine so I'm curious to see what kind of write up Patrick will have.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, being a fan of ENB, I'm actually really bummed that he already knows the ins and outs of that game. Part of why I liked his channel is because all the discoveries he made in the early days of Dark Souls. Now he already knows everything and has written it down in the guide, so like what's the point in watching his channel anymore?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elixirbronze: Well I mean you could play through the game before looking at videos walkthroughs of it, then whatever he makes is perfectly fine and interesting.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wouldn't be suprised if FROM gave them permission to show some stuff because of the crazy amount of Souls content on the site lately :D

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, being a fan of ENB, I'm actually really bummed that he already knows the ins and outs of that game. Part of why I liked his channel is because all the discoveries he made in the early days of Dark Souls. Now he already knows everything and has written it down in the guide, so like what's the point in watching his channel anymore?

There's plenty of things to discover and nobody learned the lore of Dark Souls the first time through. There will be plenty of discussion on his channel I'm sure.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@golguin said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@shirogane said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@ganbowki said:

The main thing with ENB is that he's under an embargo since he already beat Dark Souls 2 and he's involved in writing the guide for it. Vaati is fine so I'm curious to see what kind of write up Patrick will have.

Yeah, that was what i was talking about. Vaati and ENB should have similar timezones, since i believe Vaati is from Sydney, the difference between there and Japan is 2-3 hours, depending on daylight savings. But yeah, since he did the guide thing i dont' think he's in a position to really talk, and getting him when he can't say anything but knows everything is just really awkward.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

time to watch some beta videos, looks nice from all the videos I see

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By faustyn

@shirogane said:

@golguin said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@shirogane said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@ganbowki said:

Yeah, that was what i was talking about. Vaati and ENB should have similar timezones, since i believe Vaati is from Sydney, the difference between there and Japan is 2-3 hours, depending on daylight savings. But yeah, since he did the guide thing i dont' think he's in a position to really talk, and getting him when he can't say anything but knows everything is just really awkward.

sorry for derailing your conversation duders, but I still can't believe that a guy from youtube (!) with a username 'EpicNameBro' (!!) is actually a pretty awesome person. it's mind blowing and i think we should all stop whatever we're doing and just appreciate that for a moment :D

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By s-a-n-JR

So, having never played either Demon Souls or Dark Souls, I thought it'd make perfect sense to pre-order Dark Soul II.

Let's do this.

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj: That will work and I won't be surprised if you then go back and play the previous two games.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By s-a-n-JR

@jchenderson: I watched all of Load Our Last Souls and read up on the lore so I feel like i'm fairly equipped to go into DSII. We'll see about going back to the last two games...one step at a time!

I don't know why, but I'm in the mood for a challenge...a real fucking challenge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.