Please, do not post "game world spoilers" in this thread.
I have avoided all information about Dark Souls 2 in preparation of it's PC release. I'm hoping to have a couple of helpful posters give me a few tips on aspects of the game mechanics that a new player should know in order to not gimp or paint himself into a corner.
In my head, this is separate from spoilers, but I could see how this may be confusing. Let me show you the kind of tips I'm looking for using Dark Souls 1.
- Resistance is a useless stat, don't invest in it.
- The requirements for leveling up a stat increase each level
- It's typically better to raise your gear's level before your character's level
- You can raise your shield and still attack if you have a spear or thrusting sword, but your stamina does not recharge while your shield is raised
Tips (spoilers to me) that I wouldn't want (these are DkS1 spoilers, so if you haven't played then don't read) that are less about the game mechanics, and more about exploring and playing the game itself:
- Watch out for the bridge by the castle, a drake will appear and set it on fire
- If you shoot the drake's tail a bunch, you'll get a really good sword
- Go up the hill when you start, the graveyard and underground part have enemies that are way too strong for you at the beginning
So that's the difference. As I said before, I have avoided ALL information about Dark Souls 2, so please do your best not to spoil anything other than the game's obtuse mechanics. If you're having a hard time telling the two categories of tips above apart, then please refrain from posting :)