Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Lost Bastille Question

ketchupman36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am playing SotFS and I was wondering if it is possible to get to the rest of the Lost Bastille area after warping to the Tower Apart Bonfire? I traveled to the Lost Bastille after beating the boss in No Man's Wharf but unfortunately I died in the holding cells before unlocking the bonfire there. I don't want to go through No Man's Wharf again so I was wondering if there is any way to get though Lost Bastille from the alternate entry point.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

Are you stuck where there's a stone guy blocking the only door? If so, you'll need a Fragrant Branch of Yore (which you may have picked up while in No Man's Wharf) to unpetrify him and progress.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By 49th

Not sure what exactly you need but you can get to the Lost Bastille either after beating the Pursuer and interacting with the birds nest in that area or go through No Man's Wharf again.

Edit: Oh, there is a large gate blocking the path near McDuff's workshop, right? There is a way you can get around there if you continue through the level past the Ruin Sentinels and jump off some rooftops somewhere to a courtyard with dogs and a well, you can loop around through there.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You cannot progress far into Lost Bastille in SoftS without a Branch of Yore from the A Tower Apart bonfire.

There is a gate near the dogs that has the lever on the other side, and the path to Ruin Sentinels is blocked by a petrified guy.

Your two options are to either go back through No Man's Wharf (did you not unlock the massive new shortcut in that area?) or pick up a Branch of Yore and go from the A Tower Apart bonfire (Melentia sells one for 12k souls, easy way to get the +1 soul drop ring as well).

Edit: Just another tip for The Lost Bastille. The Pursuer shows up a lot here. If you don't feel like fighting him, just run away from the area and he will eventually just peace out and disappear. He will not spawn in that area again until your next death.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The fucking Pursuer shows up in more than two places here?

ketchupman36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright thanks everyone. It sounds like I need a Branch of Yore. I'm at about 30K lost souls from today's play through so it has been a trying day. I am not looking forward to facing the Pursuer multiple times. He is straight up nasty!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.