Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Luna Bell, getting invaded constantly

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is the Luna Bell an invasion trap? I found the place and suddenly I was invaded four times inside of half an hour, the first time by one guy, the second by two, the third by one, and the fourth by two.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@laudasolem: There's a covenant that exists to protect that bell from being rung. Those guys are just doing their job

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is the Luna Bell an invasion trap? I found the place and suddenly I was invaded four times inside of half an hour, the first time by one guy, the second by two, the third by one, and the fourth by two.

Belfry Luna and Belfry Sol are part of a the Bell Keeper's Covenant. It is somewhat akin to the Darkroot Garden in the first Dark Souls where covenant members will constantly invade you the moment you step into the area. Even joining the covenant won't prevent the invasions from happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@laudasolem: If you have a lot of problems with being invaded and don't want to just make a run for the end of the areas, both of which are short, burning a human effigy at a bonfire should stop all invasions for an hour.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or do those parts offline.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

yes that belfry luna and belfry sol are pvp areas, kinda like the ratbro areas... if you dont' want to pvp, play those areas offline.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Burn a human effigy in a bonfire. You'll be golden for at least 30 minutes.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

Ugh I remember just after defeating the gargoyles, I had an invader guarding the key for the Lost Sinner torches (which was why I was there in the first place) surrounded by those, 7(?) dogs. On top of that, I was carrying all those souls. After going up and down the ladder, trying to egg him into a fair fight I eventually had to pick off the dogs while dodging him, then proceed to destroy that coward. It's always incredibly satisfying when someone tries so hard to get the best of you in an underhanded way and you get to thoroughly put them in their place.

Of course, there are items that would have made that much easier but this was more satisfying. Basically, invaders annoying you? Step up your game. This is Dark Souls.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ugh I remember just after defeating the gargoyles, I had an invader guarding the key for the Lost Sinner torches (which was why I was there in the first place) surrounded by those, 7(?) dogs. On top of that, I was carrying all those souls. After going up and down the ladder, trying to egg him into a fair fight I eventually had to pick off the dogs while dodging him, then proceed to destroy that coward. It's always incredibly satisfying when someone tries so hard to get the best of you in an underhanded way and you get to thoroughly put them in their place.

Of course, there are items that would have made that much easier but this was more satisfying. Basically, invaders annoying you? Step up your game. This is Dark Souls.

I hate to rain on your parade, but that was a NPC. That was a scripted invasion.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

Wa Waaa :(

Aaah, how do you see these things whilst playing? I wouldn't have spent so long getting wound up and trying to coax him upstairs otherwise.

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazz_bcaz: NPCs have cool, lore friendly names, while PCs... not so much...
    It's because the PCs name is after their PSN account (for the PS3 at least) instead of their character's name. (Which sucks, if you ask me)

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll remember it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@baillie said:

Burn a human effigy in a bonfire. You'll be golden for at least 30 minutes.

@laudasolem: If you have a lot of problems with being invaded and don't want to just make a run for the end of the areas, both of which are short, burning a human effigy at a bonfire should stop all invasions for an hour.

Some punk was whining to me about double teaming him there so I told him to QQ and burn an effigy. (I spawned and he died before I could move so it wasn't even a double team.) He said he tried but you can't burn effigies in those bonfires.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nitrocore

I use that spot to level up. Although I need about 180,000 souls a level now so I might just move onto something else.

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes Belfry Luna and Belfry Sol so much loaded with invaders is the fact that a grey phantom that kills you is granted a Titanite Chunk from the Covenent.
    I, myself, join the Bell Keepers when I need to upgrade a new weapon. The only other way to have unlimited titanite chunk is to finish the game... they are sold by Chloanne.

So yeah; going offline is a good way to prevent being invaded.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Belfry Luna was fucking annoying...but that's Dark Souls. I won some and I lost some. I was more angered at the fact that I was FINALLY sitting on zero Human Effigies and the lowest level of health reduction allowed. It really put into perspective just how important every point of life is in that game. It was a valuable lesson learned at the hands of my invaders, and since then, my gameplay and overall caution has increased immensely.

Use it as a learning experience rather than a raging experience.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kerse

Yeah, I could handle the forest invasions in DS 1, but those belfries are pretty insane. I've just been pulling the plug for those areas honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if there was maybe some sorta cooldown, so you could enjoy a pvp battle or two while in there, but at some point you just wanna move on because the area takes like 2 minutes to fully explore. Although I suppose it can be kinda rough if you can't solo the gargoyles, I didn't find them much worse than the DS 1 gargoyles, except there was 1 more at a time. It kinda seems like everyone's given up on invading anywhere else too, I've put around 110 hours into the game with 2 characters and still have only been invaded in those belfries.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just run through past the NPC enemies, that's your best bet as the level is so short. I'm in the bell area adjacent to Iron Keep and got invaded by two dudes. Had one to a quarter health and then the other jerk back-stabbed me. Next time I'm in there I'm just going to book it for the nearest fog door.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

@kerse: Have you headed into NG+ at all? Because Blue Sentinel invasions at least are very much active in there. Enough so that I've encountered people who have wrath of gods, which I imagine took a lot of kills to unlock. Weirdly enough Dark Spirit invasions are pretty scarce even in NG+, though I would assume Dark Spirit players mostly just use the dueling arenas instead.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Zevvion

Stay the fuck away from that bell. I'm guarding it with my spirit. For the Prince!

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kerse

@yummylee: Yeah I'm in NG+, but I don't have any sins, so I don't think they can invade me.

Chr0meJ4ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187:

@jakob187 said:

Belfry Luna was fucking annoying...but that's Dark Souls. I won some and I lost some. I was more angered at the fact that I was FINALLY sitting on zero Human Effigies and the lowest level of health reduction allowed. It really put into perspective just how important every point of life is in that game. It was a valuable lesson learned at the hands of my invaders, and since then, my gameplay and overall caution has increased immensely.

Use it as a learning experience rather than a raging experience.

It was indeed a learning experience. I learned that, in order to enjoy the challenge of the environment, the monsters, and the strategy of defeating the crazy bosses, WITHOUT being interrupted every two seconds by people forcing me to fight them, you play offline. Yeah I know, I'm one of "those people." I love everything about DkS except the forced PvP. And since hollowing no longer exempts those of us uninterested, guess it's offline mode. Sucks, but as has been said, "that's Dark Souls."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.