Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Me and my two other roommates have ran into a problem...

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demoninu

So me and my two other roommates love us some souls games. So we all want to play Dark Souls 2 together. A few problems that we have. We all have 360s but no gold. Me and one other roommate have ps3s, but one doesn't. So either we find a good deal on a ps3 for my other roommate or we all fork over the 50 or 60 dollars a piece to play online together on our 360s. Thoughts? Know of a good deal on ps3s? Also we have tried Craigslist and that didn't work out. Not to mention the recent people getting murdered on craigslist.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I used to buy my gold membership using code sellers who sell them via Ebay (I am in Europe, though, I don't know how the market is in North America). That way it is way less than 50 or 60 dollars. And you don't have to buy a yearly subscription, that could make it cheaper as well.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Not sure how people can game the system, but isn't the Dark Souls' multiplayer component kinda randomised so players can't actually team up with other people they know? Or are you saying that you just want to play the game simultaneously with your friends so everyone progresses at the same time?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It'd be cheaper to just do the Gold memberships than buying a PS3.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gnsdemon said:

So me and my two other roommates love us some souls games. So we all want to play Dark Souls 2 together. A few problems that we have. We all have 360s but no gold. Me and one other roommate have ps3s, but one doesn't. So either we find a good deal on a ps3 for my other roommate or we all fork over the 50 or 60 dollars a piece to play online together on our 360s. Thoughts? Know of a good deal on ps3s? Also we have tried Craigslist and that didn't work out. Not to mention the recent people getting murdered on craigslist.

wait for the PC version, its going to be much more immersive.

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: No doubt. For me it doesn't really matter. I'd prefer to play it on ps3, but either way. I just need to play the damn game. lol

@probablytuna: Yeah basically. We'd stay around the same level I assume and we'd be able to chat now and summon each other I assume.

@roland_d11: I may look into that. Another problem is that of course one of my roomates just doesn't want to get it on 360 so...

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gnsdemon: Play on PS3 ... its not your fault that your friend wnats it on 360 were you have to pay for online.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@probablytuna: People used to go into weird corners where their friends were putting down their signs and kept trying to summon them. The game basically puts you in a new grouping of candidates every two minutes.

@gnsdemon I'd just get the PS3 version and let the other guys do whatever they want. If the roommate without a PS3 wants to join you then he'll have to get a PS3. If he doesn't then he can play it on his 360 by himself, which I'm sure will be a totally fine experience as well. Basically, it's not on you to make sure your buddy can join your game. Him wanting to play with you two shouldn't be costing you guys the price of Gold.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

You can do the free gold for a month exploit on 360. Make a new account with a new email and make sure to choose the silver option. Once you log in you get 1 month of gold for free. It's their way of trying to get you used to it before they throw up the pay wall. You can do this every month and keep playing for free, but you will obviously not get any of the achievements and you will need to re-friend each other every month.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You can get cheap xbl time if you look for it. There are always deals for it to be had. But I would also recommend him getting a PS3 to play with you that way. I would look on a little site called gametz for both options. Its a great little community of traders and sellers. You can get some pretty sweat deals on that site.

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: Hmm didn't know about that. may give that a try.

We will see I guess. I mean if its at all like dark souls and I get into it good enough I'll have it on all systems eventually like I do with dark souls.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@gnsdemon: Keep in mind too a new PS3 is only $199. If 3 of you are willing to buy $50 cards just throw in an extra $50 and get the guy a PS3. Consider it a Christmas or birthday gift from all of you guys or something. Plus then he gets to play all the amazing stuff on PS3.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I hate to be the guy to say that you're playing it wrong, but if you're trying to game the system to summon specific people, you're kinda playing it wrong.

If that's really what you want to do, you should probably wait for the PC release and the inevitable co-op mods.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you all really really have to play together go in and buy him a cheap used PS3. Better than that all three of you buying a Xbox Live membership which is basically worthless to you apparently, with the PS3 at least this won't happen again and the guy can get in on some exclusives like Last of Us. Or if you all have pc's wait for the pc version.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@gnsdemon: Keep in mind too a new PS3 is only $199. If 3 of you are willing to buy $50 cards just throw in an extra $50 and get the guy a PS3. Consider it a Christmas or birthday gift from all of you guys or something. Plus then he gets to play all the amazing stuff on PS3.

This is what i would do if you guys are willing to spend the $60-50 and weren't intending to pay for Live anytime soon. That just seams like the more financially sensible investment to me if all you are going to do is play one game on Live vs. a onetime purchase of a new console for someone. That way you guys all get your Dark Souls on, and he keeps the PS3 and can enjoy all the exclusive games on his own after.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I guess a PS3, because he can possibly get some value out of it?

I'd rather save money and just play Dark Souls II by myself without summoning friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.