memory of vammar complete or not?

#1 Edited by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

I finished memory of jeigh and went next to memory of vammar. At one point there's a dead giant on some stairs and I examined him but then was transported out of the memory. I saw a vammar walkthough and the guy got a giant's soul off the dead giant. I don't remember getting that. I have the Giant Lord soul but don't see the soul I should've gotten from the dead giant.

thanks

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4121 posts) -

Maybe you ran out of time and faded back to drangleic before acquiring the soul. I'd go back in again. Unless of course, you don't plan on killing Vendrick, at which point you don't need any giant's souls.

#3 Posted by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

so these memories are optional? i don't even know what to do at this point; i got the ashen heart and went to mem of jeigh and the ancient dragon but i wouldn't even have known what to do w/the heart if i hadn't checked the walkthroughs; i love DS, but sometimes you just wander around w/no clue

#4 Posted by development (2252 posts) -

Sounds like you should have gotten it. Giant Souls are the very last item in your inventory; not near the other souls. They're yellowish with a black center.

#5 Edited by mosespippy (4121 posts) -

@laudasolem: There is one with a boss in it and that is not optional. The others are optional.

#6 Posted by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

i have 2 giant souls; i assume one is the Giant Lord and the other's off the dead one in mem of vammar

where to now?

#7 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@laudasolem: There's 5 giant souls altogether. 3 are from the Giant memories, Vammar, Jeigh and Orro. One from the Ancient Dragon and one from the two/three giant's inside the Black Gulch.

You can now go fight Vendrick or go to Drangleic Castle and see what is behind the King's Door.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.