Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Most souls you've lost thus far?

• 90 results
    Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'm gonna say about 32k as my biggest loss, and a handful of 12-15k. It's a heartbreaking moment when that bloodstain disappears.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am currently sitting on over 120,000 souls (from Sunbro grinding to get the medallions) and I am eagerly awaiting making a stupid mistake on my way back to a bonfire.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

about 250k after beat the final boss and back step by accident down a cliff. That was just about the most stupid thing I have ever done in a game.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: I lost however many that giant frog + the run up to him give you in the very next area and then died rushing and trying to get them.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Sterling

@oldirtybearon: I think that one is bugged. As the description says "reduces damage", not negate. I'm sure they will patch that. Also you don't get that according to the guide until NG+. So people are burning astecis in that area to get it.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little over 100K. Fuck the Old Iron Castle.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12-13k I think. I was real pissed off since it was around the time that it would have netted me two levels, then I beat a boss and got 20k, so my anger was shortlived.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Turambar

Just a few thousand. I've been running with a ring of life protection since I've gotten one. The fact that they are repairable for just 3000 souls means there's really no reason to ever lose souls or not be 100% human unless you die via petrification.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I suppose if you never want to lose souls/use effigies you should use the Ring of Life Protection; breaks when you die but you can just repair it for 3000 souls; it's basically just a better version of the cling ring ultimately. After a bunch of gold phantom farming I have 1 million free souls on one character and 600k on the other, if I wear that ring I've got nothing to worry about essentially. I didn't use it for maybe 70 odd hours between the first two characters but it does seem to be objectively better than some of the alternatives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I lost over 27,000 after killing the relic bosses. Got passed them, died to the fire trap and on the way back ran out that fake door in my rush to get them back.

andrewkerrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, up until very recently I'd only lost about 10k once or twice, I'd been doing pretty well at staying alive. But then I lost 60k in the Iron Keep, and I now face a huge trek in from the starting bonfire to stop myself losing another 25k

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By Sessh

About 120k now by first falling off a cliff and subsequently getting invaded and because of the dude constantly running away and hiding behind enemies, falling off another cliff trying to finally outmaneuver him.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't lose a crazy amount, but I lost 6k last night because I was careless and aggro'd a bunch of those crazy dudes in Lost Bastille (the ones that slam onto the floor and knocked all my stamina out). Didn't know the ones that glow do damage in addition to taking off all my stamina. When I went to try and retrieve my souls I died to a careless mistake when the big guy threw a fireball to my face.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dew

I lost 50k last night after the Rotten fight. Tried to get the item after there and burnt to death. Those that have been there know the run up to that boss, and can guess what happened next... I then popped all of my boss souls out of anger and leveled up 8 times off 100k souls. Just hope I didn't miss out on a super weapon.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As someone who is still early game, this thread scares me. My biggest was 3,500 in the Fallen Giants level, and my second biggest was 1,400 when I made the mistake of entering the Rat Vanguard boss room. All others were sub-thousand souls that I didn't care for.

This means that there's worse to come. D:

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#66  Edited By ADAMWD

About 20k, I think trying to get back to Myrha. Or maybe it was in the Iron Keep.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost 20k right after beating the Dragonrider, so fairly early on when levelling was costing me like 3,000 or so. I was riding high having no trouble in Heide's Tower, slaying old knights like they were nothing, but got hung up when you get to the one in the water. After that, I got careless and died to the first one on the path to No Man's Wharf. I turned off the game for a bit, there.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

28k at the No-Mans Wharf making a soul run from the bonny and fell off the first bridge. I got to cocky. :(

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BambamCZ

60k to the mobs in front of Velstadt's arena got cocky and well all those souls down the drain.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost 108k last after finishing the Undead Crypt and deciding to try and take on Vendrick while forgetting about the Giant Souls thing. Died trying to rush back to it. Totally my fault.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#71  Edited By peacebrother

About 55K. Honestly it was sort of a relief; I felt I'd been walking through the past hour and a half without a hitch, and didn't want to level up again, so it worked out. I long ago stopped caring about losing souls, feels good/bad. That nervous feeling of having that many souls on me is gone, which I kind of miss. If this were earlier in the game I probably would have lost my mind.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Almost made it 11 hours without losing a soul. This morning, I fell into a pit. On my way to retrieve the souls, I try and jump to reach the place, and I get shot mid-air with an arrow. My jump is just halted, and my character falls to her death before reaching the platform. At least, I learned something, even though it wasn't worth losing 2k souls :p

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost lost 700,000 to The Lost Sinner on new game+, having played to that point wearing the ring of life protection. For some reason on this particular death the ring still let me drop my souls, though it still didn't revert me to hollow.

I managed to get them back though...

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By John1912

80k I purposely ran off a cliff to re spawn faster. Then farmed back to the bridge to undead purgatory. Pulled 3 of the guys from the bridge on accident, killed two. Third needed one more hit, then pulled some double halberd spin off out of no where and took over half my health. That was only like 2.5 levels though.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The most I have lost is 10k. I don't really understand how people have lost/have so many souls at one time. As soon as I get enough to level I dash back to Majula. Maybe I am still early in the game - just defeated the Skeleton Boss.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost about 80k in Drangleic Castle. Was killing those 3 archer dudes on the roof, when one of him hit me in the shield, forcing me into a guard break state. That wasn't so bad except that the "WOOOOOAAAH!!!" animation moves my character backwards slightly, just enough to move me off the edge. Before that, I lost about 20k in the Gutter the same way when the poison statue guard broke me. God, fucking guard break annoys me. Not so much how long it is, but how dopey my character looks with his arms in the air like a wavy tubeman makes it more annoying.

VonBismark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i manged to waste about 50k souls on weapons that are utterly useless. wont spoil what they are, in short if i cant recount the number of souls i have lost but i i think the most was 70 thousand at one point. but hey its cool i'm near the end of the game. as Jeff Green would say "Praise the sun"

stunik101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

60000 souls gone while trying to absolve my sins (i killed Millibeth )i was trying to get to 92000 to repent....that was a B**tard

Daze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Daze

Just under 200k, I wanted to lose my souls to get that see through armour so I used the dark sign thinking that it would just leave my souls on the spot where I use it. Nope it makes you lose them permanently, wish there was an item like Vinny said where you could transfer your souls into an item.

JoshuaTryon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 20k plus souls in The Gutter. Missed a jump across to a bridge. Ironically, Recovered souls and then tried to jump again. Failed to recover second time. Had I played it safe and used Homeward Bone instead of trying jump I would have been good. This area reminds me of Blighttown, where I lost 25k souls in first game. Both times I walked away from game for a bit...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I think the most I ever lost was around 25,000.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is good as any thread to vent.

I lost 70k souls because a red phantom invaded me inbetween my attempts to kill King Vendrick. It's the first time I actually felt like crying during a video game. Granted, that amount of souls would only allow me 2 levels if I'm lucky, but I never lost that many before because I am usually good about going to level up before adventuring. Thing is, during the Vendrick boss fight, your souls appear OUTSIDE of the mist every time you die, so I figured I had nothing to lose. Well, Mr. Red Phantom came in and fucking ruined my god damn day, so fuck you buddy. It's really weird, like an HOUR after leaving the Covenant of the Blue, I got invaded twice almost back to back. My mistake, I'll be sure to NEVER leave the fucking blue covenant again.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember. Not many. I've always worn rings of sacrifice after finding out that they can be repaired.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe 30 something. Nothing worth getting excited over.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The worst for me was about 20K pretty early in No-Man's Wharf and the worst part was it was entirely on me for making a dumb mistake then getting impatient on the run back for them.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

Just a few thousand. I've been running with a ring of life protection since I've gotten one. The fact that they are repairable for just 3000 souls means there's really no reason to ever lose souls or not be 100% human unless you die via petrification.

Damn! I never considered repair, and thus never used them (had 2). They ought to make the soul cost steeper, 3000 is nothing.

I lost I am sure 15000 a few times. I forget how much I was needing to level up in the end, I'm sure I lost that amount at least once. But I was so aware of soul lost that I was always to a fault going back and leveling or investing somehow. poison arrows rock.

Baseborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most in one shot - about 30k. Once you pick up the soul protection ring (you can get one in No Man's Warf) you're safe forever...
    Total over time - about 150k
    Almost lost 1.7 million while PvPing at Iron Keep the other day because I wasn't paying attention and almost forgot to pick up my souls mid duel.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use the life protection ring so..very few..less than 5000 I'd say....

Baseborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ruiner: Yeah, but how many times you have to repair that ring?

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

16.3 mil PvP'ing and forgetting to pick up my bloodstain. My reaction was, and I quote:

"Dang."

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By phantomzxro

I think it was about 20k which i should have known better but i was confused as to which fog door was a boss battle and walked right into a boss room and died. Rushing back to the boss room i died from some random hoard of enemies.

desirarox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 30k after selling all my stuff to gavlan or some dude. Got ambushed by those dumbass pirate assholes right when I was up to leave. Then after going to retrieve them I got killed by another dude and his shitty dog. So sad, could have leveld up alot :(

Still in level 52 after 27 hours

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necro city.

Gavlan wheel, Gavlan deal

Don't worry, 30k is like one level by end game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.