New awesome trailer

#1 Edited by announakis (114 posts) -

#2 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Odd music choice for this.

Looks like a Souls game so I am excite, of course.

#3 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

Those Chess-Knight enemies look fantastic. Still eagerly anticipating this one.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5797 posts) -

Can't wait for the game. I've still yet to actually finish DS. Should be plenty of time to try. March 11 is still a ways off.

#5 Posted by TheHT (11509 posts) -

That did not get me excited for Dark Souls II. At all.

Otherwise, I'm well excited for Dark Souls II. :D

#6 Posted by Aetheldod (3626 posts) -

Cant wait for this game and I glad that it is coming on current gen , because if not I wouldnt be able to aford it D:

#7 Posted by Rorie (3105 posts) -

Can't wait for the game. I've still yet to actually finish DS. Should be plenty of time to try. March 11 is still a ways off.

You and me both.

Staff
#8 Edited by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -

@rorie said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

You and me both.

Are you going to stream the rest of it? Really looking forward to that if you do.

It kind of inspired me to pickup the PC version and play through it a second time (with a different play style) after watching your streams.

#9 Posted by Rorie (3105 posts) -

@rorie said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

You and me both.

Are you going to stream the rest of it? Really looking forward to that if you do.

It kind of inspired me to pickup the PC version and play through it a second time (with a different play style) after watching your streams.

I definitely plan to; my PC has just been being a chore lately about streaming. Plus Twitch's removal of archiving has been a bit annoying. But yeah, hopefully I get to it sometime this weekend.

Staff
#10 Posted by MHumphreys89 (717 posts) -

@rorie: Twitch removed archives? Under my videos i'm still able to click 'Save Forever' or are you talking about something different?

#11 Posted by Tennmuerti (8136 posts) -
#12 Posted by Humanity (9581 posts) -

From the very start Dark Souls had been advertised with progressive music in the trailers, which is something I personally really like. Not sure who decided on this, since Demon's Souls had an especially dour choice of music for it's trailers - but I'm all for it.

That said, I'm more curious than excited now. The first game was fresh and exciting. Dark Souls did a lot of things to iron out the already established gameplay; not everything that I liked but good changes. Dark Souls 2 is, for me anyway, looking like it's iterating a little too much rather than innovating, but if it ain't broke..? (here is hoping the targetting systems gets that much needed overhaul so us spear/halberd users can stab in peace)

#13 Posted by Roland_D11 (193 posts) -

The trailer is really nice. This video also has a ton of information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

EpicNameBro (a pretty well known guy in the DS community who lives in Japan) got hands on with the beta.

#14 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Wake me up when March arrives.

#15 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

The trailer is really nice. This video also has a ton of information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

EpicNameBro (a pretty well known guy in the DS community who lives in Japan) got hands on with the beta.

I'm watching that video right now. The invasions always being on sounds great. The new covenant stuff with the auto summons and timed summons sounds great. The way stats are going to change the speed of various actions could be a game changer for PVP.

#16 Posted by automatontribe (198 posts) -

That trailer was a bit shitty but it doesn't make me any less exited about the game. Actually, I think it's the only game in upwards to a year(or more) that i've looked forward to.

#17 Posted by IBurningStar (2184 posts) -

There seemed to be a lot of references to the Bed of Chaos. Maybe that means we will learn more about the Witches of Izaleth.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5797 posts) -

@rorie said:

@tennmuerti said:

@rorie said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

You and me both.

I definitely plan to; my PC has just been being a chore lately about streaming. Plus Twitch's removal of archiving has been a bit annoying. But yeah, hopefully I get to it sometime this weekend.

Really enjoyed your Dark Souls streams. They were solely responsible for getting me to go back and play more of the game. I'm definitely looking forward to any more.

#19 Posted by MildMolasses (3223 posts) -

I was really hoping the "Go Beyond Death" was going to say "Go Fuck Yourself"

Kind of disappointed that it didn't

#20 Edited by Rorie (3105 posts) -

@rorie: Twitch removed archives? Under my videos i'm still able to click 'Save Forever' or are you talking about something different?

They recently started making people opt-in to get archives, and I believe that even if you do that they're going to start keeping archives only for a week or so. Better start uploading to Youtube, I guess.

Staff
#21 Posted by Rorie (3105 posts) -
Staff
#22 Posted by MHumphreys89 (717 posts) -

@rorie said:

@humphreys said:

They recently started making people opt-in to get archives, and I believe that even if you do that they're going to start keeping archives only for a week or so. Better start uploading to Youtube, I guess.

Ugh! What a pain-in-the-ass.

#23 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

@herbiebug said:

Trailers for the first Dark Souls used songs by The Silent Comedy:

I'm a sucker for dissonant music choices, so I love it. Especially since the music gives the vibe that in Dark Souls you play as some extremely cocky bounty hunter with a death wish who should quip badly every minute. Which is my head canon here.

#24 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5710 posts) -

The lightning nova shit would look alright from far away they just zoomed in too close to it. Still want to see a chain of bosses trailer like last time.

#25 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

They seem to be getting more creative in the armor designs, which is nice. Woot Dark Souls!

#26 Edited by Nasar7 (2730 posts) -

This machinima-style trailer looks incredibly dumb. I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, although I do feel like this might be the point we start seeing diminishing returns.

#27 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I've decided, 5 minutes into the gameplay reveal at beginning of the year, that I won't follow Dark Souls 2 at all. The game simply doesn't exist until it shows up in my mailbox. I want as few setpiece and enemies, and as little meanness as possible spoiled for me.

That said, hopefully the trailer is as amazing as you say, I'm looking forward to watching the promotional material in retrospect, after release. Hopefully one of 'em makes my youtube trailer-centric workout playlist like the Bartholomew trailer did for Dark Souls 1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.