NPC Interactions or Equipment Upgrades in Beta?

#1 Posted by MikeLemmer (570 posts) -

I'm curious: were there any NPCs to interact with in the beta? Did it let you upgrade your equipment as well? How do NPC dialogue & equipment upgrades work here?

#2 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

Dialogue works just as in Dark Souls. You were able to speak with the old shopkeeper woman at the start of the area and with a dwarf guy after the chariot boss that offers you to enter a covenant after you invaded and killed a few people I believe. I killed the guy and got his armor.

No equiment upgrades whatsoever.

#3 Edited by MikeLemmer (570 posts) -

I was hoping you could ask them certain things with keywords. Only being able to hear each piece of dialogue once bugged me in Dark Souls. The limited interactions (occasionally saying Yes/No and outright Killing them) was another issue. It would've been nice if I could pry more into the various NPCs' stories in Dark Souls, or provoke them into attacking me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.