Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Ok... so about that Sunken King DLC

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Karkarov

I have finally gotten to the point in my Let's Play where I am about to start one of two paths to progress through Shulva the Sanctum City and the Dragon's Sanctum to an unknown final area where I will likely wind up fighting a dragon. I know one path is supposed to be harder than the other, I have found both at this point.

So here is the skinny.

I am doing this offline, solo, and blind. I want no spoilers period and I do want to film the hardest route. Or at least try it, if I find it too hard solo and blind I can always chicken out and go the other path. I just don't want this to turn into some heinous long thing where I try to explore both and go "well I guess this is harder let's go this way..."

So this is the question. Which route is harder? The Sanctum Key Route (the higher up one), or the Dragon Crest Route (the lower one)? I tried looking it up myself but barely dodged spoilers and found no clear answer that didn't require reading one of said spoiler filled articles. I don't even care why it is harder, I just want to know which it is.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pyrodactyl

Pretty sure the high route is optional. If not it's definitely the hardest.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

The Dragon Crest route I found to be the hardest. I took the are on solo on my first run as well and the bosses down there proved to be some of the hardest (and some of the coolest) in all of Dark Souls 2.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far so good... two completely contradictory answers. It is a start though. Thanks @pyrodactyl and @c_rakestraw. If the answers go on like this I am just going to have to assume that one route is not clearly harder than the others despite pre dlc release hype.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pyrodactyl

@karkarov said:

So far so good... two completely contradictory answers. It is a start though. Thanks @pyrodactyl and @c_rakestraw. If the answers go on like this I am just going to have to assume that one route is not clearly harder than the others despite pre dlc release hype.

Don't know which route you're talking about exactly. If you're referring to going down the pyramid or up the pyramid, the up the pyramid is clearly the hardest as it's meant as a coop area and there's some nasty buisiness in there. Don't know if it's a path to the end or a dead end but I finished the DLC without going that way.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know which route you're talking about exactly. If you're referring to going down the pyramid or up the pyramid, the up the pyramid is clearly the hardest as it's meant as a coop area and there's some nasty buisiness in there. Don't know if it's a path to the end or a dead end but I finished the DLC without completing it.

So the Eternal Sanctum Key route where you go into a cave wall at the top of the pyramid is meant to be a co op area? Okay, sounds like a winner. Thanks again.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:
    @pyrodactyl said:

Don't know which route you're talking about exactly. If you're referring to going down the pyramid or up the pyramid, the up the pyramid is clearly the hardest as it's meant as a coop area and there's some nasty buisiness in there. Don't know if it's a path to the end or a dead end but I finished the DLC without completing it.

So the Eternal Sanctum Key route where you go into a cave wall at the top of the pyramid is meant to be a co op area? Okay, sounds like a winner. Thanks again.

Yeah, if we're talking about the same place you should see a bunch of tombs along the wall where summon signs are suppose to go. If you don't cheese that area it's real hard stuff.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

@karkarov said:
    @pyrodactyl said:

I don't think it's meant to be co-oped. It just has a boss that is much easier to handle with two other people in tow.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay question is answered and they are starting to dip into spoilers. I really only want to know which path is harder, not why, not what to expect, not even what it will look like. At this point could a mod lock it down? Thanks for the answers again guys.

EggMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends, the upper path is infuriating but I've managed at the first try in NG+++, I KNEW what was coming anyway, and started to play dirty.

I'd say the path down is the easiest, but it really depends on how confortable you feel about diferent styles of encounters, and the NG cycle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.