Pre-made main character = PvP overhaul?

#1 Edited by InfiniteMugen (5 posts) -

If Fromsoft does implement pre-made hero/heroine, does this mean pvp would have to be completely changed? Idunno.. But i do know that i like the system already in dark souls and personally don't want to much changed regarding it.

The same man endlessly invading his own world in a different reality, to help or hinder himself in challenges he may or may not have overcome already.

#2 Edited by envane (1162 posts) -

theres absolutley no reason to think theres going to be a single premade character .. dark souls was demoed with pre-made characters too , as was something like skyrim

#3 Edited by InfiniteMugen (5 posts) -

who knows? maybe they will force you to play a main roll. take Gwyn's exiled son for example, as a way of making the story more accessible. Even though i doubt anything like that happening, its still a possibility.

#4 Posted by Roland_D11 (189 posts) -

From Software said last week that the online system will be similar to Dark Souls. I don't think there will be a pre-made character, like you said, it wouldn't make much sense that the same guy is invading and killing 'himself'.

Regarding the firstborn: I think we will be getting more hints to who he might be, but I doubt From Software will ever reveal it. They seem to listen what the community discusses (just look at the turtle guys you can't backstab), and the identity of the firstborn is still a hot topic.

#5 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

No because the animations will still be the same regardless of whether or not the game has pre-made or custom characters. The only thing that would change with custom characters is the skin placed over the model.

#6 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

How can you tell under the crazy armour? I just hope lag is not an issue again. Can't tell you how many times people who had bad connections where able to get back stabs because of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.