Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Puppy I don't want to see in Dark Souls II. (Spoilers)

• 112 results
    VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now that I've finished Dark Souls, I feel I can give some better input.

The biggest thing I didn't enjoy, was having to look up information on the weapons, their scaling as well as a few of the more obscure mechanics/stats. Having said that, I don't have a solution other than some tutorial boxes/text. Which I don't think work in Dark Souls. Maybe guidance messages?

Otherwise, there were some annoying things, like the bed of chaos, the invisible walkways in the crystal caves and blighttown.

Also, framerate in some areas. Hopefully that's been resolved in Dark Souls 2.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Capum15

I think there should be a really really really long bridge, with absolutely no hazards whatsoever.

With just some random asshole at the end with some kind of speaker that makes dragon noises. They have that Duke's Archive alarm thing, just modify it.

@rafaelfc said:

I'm just curious to see how the "all invasions at all times" thing will work out when a lot of people are playing the game. In theory it sounds like the worst idea ever.

P.s.: I always hated invasions and never had any fun with it even when I succesfully beat the invaders. I wish they'd get rid of PvP entirelly in these games.

I'm curious as well. There was a quote somewhere saying there will be a way to mitigate that.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Karkarov

As long as there are no Anor Londo Archer situations I will be at least somewhat hopeful. I would like the see the true roots call backs continue though. Moonlight sword being in game (maybe buff it a little :p?), a class that starts at level 1 and has 1 spell (aka every starting character in the King's Field games), big ass dragon with one eye. Stuff like that.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I started replaying Demon's Souls finally and it is crazy to go back to it after playing so much Dark Souls, that ball of bodies in 3-1 I used to be so scared of is actually really easy to deal with, huh?. Before I started anew I loaded up my old character that I used to beat the game and can finally see just how I messed up my build the first time. Mostly it came down to not understanding scaling or why you'd want to upgrade shields, really, with Dark Souls as a reference the menus are a lot easier to understand.

Anyhow, I looked over my old stuff and I REALLY REALLY love the gold cloth headgear thing you get for defeating a player in 3-3, there's a similarly dumb item in Dark Souls in the form of the Xanthous Crown so I'd say they should keep with tradition and have another one of those in DS 2.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Ezekiel

@topsteer said:

I know this thread is about what you don't want to see but armor really should have strength requirements, it's dumb that even if you don't have enough strength to wield a puny broadsword you can put on the heaviest armor without penalty.

Armors do have strength requirements now, thankfully. I love that low level players will no longer be able to prey on beginners with the best heavy armors in the game.

Kaos999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hope they have separate servers for players who play dark souls for the PvP and those that play it for co-op. Hated having to miss out on playing with others to avoid the mp wash outs only interested in invading. or at least a way to banish them away. ds mp players and ds sp players want different things for ds2 for different reasons and play/enjoy the series for different reasons.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really don't understand why people find Bed of Chaos so hard. If you run along the ring next to her, it's impossible to fall into a pit. After that, just jump onto the stupid branch and then kill her, it's not hard at all, and this is coming from someone who stopped playing DS multiple times over the course of an entire year because I suck too much at it. (I FINALLY beat it today!)

I agree with everything else, though. I dunno, I just kinda want the whole game to be the quality of the beginning areas in Dark Souls. They were fun to play through, and were interesting to look at. The later areas were just kinda lazy, in my opinion.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't want to see my weapon hitting air because the lock-on isn't very good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dac8b1b10957
    deactivated-5dac8b1b10957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@rafaelfc said:

I'm just curious to see how the "all invasions at all times" thing will work out when a lot of people are playing the game. In theory it sounds like the worst idea ever.

P.s.: I always hated invasions and never had any fun with it even when I succesfully beat the invaders. I wish they'd get rid of PvP entirelly in these games.

Could you imagine the shitstorm that would stir up?

There is a reason that it's a major staple of the series. It's fun as hell. If you put a little effort into learning how to do it, you'd probably enjoy it, too.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want invasions to remain a human thing only, but I'm kind of fucked on that one. Pretty lame.

@rafaelfc said:

There is a reason that it's a major staple of the series. It's fun as hell. If you put a little effort into learning how to do it, you'd probably enjoy it, too.

Myself and many others play this as a single player game. And before someone says "play offline" I like seeing bloodstains, messages, etc. What I don't want to deal with is some griefing asshole going after newbies or me making a bunch of progress through some area and getting killed in some cheap way by an invader.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

backstabs

boss fights

i'll settle for losing one of the above

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I want invasions to remain a human thing only, but I'm kind of fucked on that one. Pretty lame.

@drgreatjob said:
    @rafaelfc said:

Myself and many others play this as a single player game. And before someone says "play offline" I like seeing bloodstains, messages, etc. What I don't want to deal with is some griefing asshole going after newbies or me making a bunch of progress through some area and getting killed in some cheap way by an invader.

I never engaged in the PVP before, but in a way I think this is sort of neat. I didn't actively seek out PVP because I needed to un-hollow, go to a bonfire etc etc. If invasions will happen passively then that's fine by me, I'll get to participate in some duels and go along my merry way.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@drgreatjob said:
    @rafaelfc said:

If you get invaded by someone who has a lot of PVP experience there's nothing you could really do when it comes to fighting them. They could fight you with fist weapons and still parry and riposte you to death. There's nothing cheap about it. The good news is that you can join a covenant that will summon another PVP player to defend you from every invasion. You can look forward to always having a 2v1 advantage over invaders.

You are going to need to learn how to fight human players. At least one boss is going to be able to summon real people to kill you so you should probably try out some PVP in Dark Souls to prepare for Dark Souls 2.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Being invaded while hollow could get annoying when you have a flake83 situation on your hands. As for the things OP wants to see go, I want them all to stay. Give me more NPC's that have malicious intent. Really though, I just want to see how From iterates or messes with my expectations of what the Souls games are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.