Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Question on build

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Deep into work, my copy of the game is just laying there waiting to be played at the end of the month. However, I'm already thinking of builds and how I will spend my souls.. Last time around I opted for a build working well with the bastard sword, a kite shield, some high dmg pyro's and quite a heavy armor (black iron). Is this kind of versatility possible this time? I don't want to follow a path too narrow, but on the other hand be able to give it to invaders/ "victms". Are people still stoping at SL 120/150?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Dark Souls 2 is way more forgiving about how you spend your stats.

Most stats have their biggest gains from 1-20. So diversity is kind of encouraged as you will benefit more by spreading stats out rather then being too narrow focused. You will also have stats to spare, I'm SL 120 now and only somewhere in 1/2 or 2/3 of the game and have already spent all the points I really want, now it's just gravy stats and that's with dipping a toe into everything except faith and having 40 dex. Secondly there are now respec potions, they are rare but you will find opportunity to rearrange your stats several times in a playthrough if you want to change your build.

Finally if you are playing on PC forget about invasions, no one invades anyone just out there in the wild, because there are just so many people playing and most of them are still getting their bearings and going through the content so your chances of getting invaded are tiny. Also because there are PvP focused covenants (with rewards) around every corner that will get you to fight people much more quickly if you so desire, either in arenas or specific areas, that's where 99% of the invasions happen. I have not gotten invaded outside of a PvP covenant zone ever.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ruiner

@dudeglove: I think for a formal sort of duel you should resort to the red sign soap stones. Then people have chosen to summon you for some pvp. It's been my experience that straight up red eye orb invaders are shifty, griefer mother fuckers who are more looking to ruin your day than to have some kind of formal contest of skill. I treat them like home invaders. And when they invade I do whatever it takes to repel them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.