Red Crystal Lizards

#1 Posted by championfetus (249 posts) -

Anybody know what the red crystal lizards do? Not sure if they have dropped anything when I killed them. I would normally search through a wiki, but I'm doing my best to avoid other information.

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4378 posts) -

I was under the impression they are red herrings designed to trick you into rushing into attacks. They don't actually drop anything in my experience.

#3 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1211 posts) -

I was under the impression they are red herrings designed to trick you into rushing into attacks. They don't actually drop anything in my experience.

This. They're designed to trick you into rushing and getting one-shotted.

#4 Posted by Turambar (6849 posts) -

They explode.

#5 Posted by TheBlue (426 posts) -

They're traps. They explode when you hit? them. I'm not actually positive what triggers the explosion cause I'm pretty sure the first time I killed one it didn't explode but then I got surrounded by every other enemy. Perhaps each one is a different kind of trap? I don't know. But yeah, they definitely explode. Don't touch em.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (15107 posts) -

I have to wonder if Brad has found one of these things yet.

#7 Posted by AMyggen (3529 posts) -
#8 Posted by championfetus (249 posts) -

Son of a bitch...

That's devious. Now that I think about it I was fucked over by trying to chase a few of those critters.

#9 Posted by probablytuna (3806 posts) -

Man I was shitting myself thinking that red lizards drop ultra rare loot as opposed to the blue lizards to spice things up. Glad I didn't rush in to kill the one I saw down the sand pit.

#10 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

The one by the sand pit totally got me, not directly but by just being a temptation. I killed the blue one just before it and wanted to come down nice and easy to collect the loot, totally rushed it, slipped and died, lost the blue lizzard loot.

#11 Edited by dudeglove (8155 posts) -

Bow and arrow from a distance, turned up nothing. I'm assuming like everyone else here as put, they're there as a ruse to make you either get shot by the mages in Tseldora, fall down the quicksand pit, petrified by the basilisk, jumped on by spiders, or a combination of the above.

#12 Posted by Humanity (9869 posts) -

I've killed a few that didn't explode and they dropped nothing. They're seemingly completely superfluous which is kind of a shame - that's one if those things I don't like to see in the souls games.

#13 Posted by MancombSeepgood (345 posts) -

I have killed one in my DS 2 career and nothing happened... It didn't lead me into any traps (maybe I killed it too quickly for that) and it didn't explode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.