Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Should i play first two games?

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bcooper21

Im wondering should i play first two or just dark souls or just go right too dark souls 2? I have demon souls and dark souls i never got around to them yet.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Do you feel you need to? Starting with DaSII is totally fine. There are a couple references you might miss out on, but nothing major.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You don't need to play them first, no. But you should definitely play them later if you enjoy Dark Souls 2.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not neccessary. You can play them after DS2 if you want.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will first two feel dated tho? Or does ds2 not change much? Idk i guess ill play them first .

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

If you have them, play them. Not because you will need to have played them to understand Dark Souls II, but rather because you don't know if you'll like this type of game. They won't feel "dated" (Demon's Souls was released in 2009...), and they keep their core gameplay basically the same, though with minor but noticeable differences between the two games. You will probably "burn" yourself out of Souls games if you decide to rush through the first two to play the first, so I would suggest you either played them in order, taking your time to go through each one, or that you just skipped to the latest one if you think you'll like the game, despite never having played it yet.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First? Not necessarily, but I think you should at some point. I think Dark Souls was a masterpiece.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't play the first two games you'll miss out on key plot points that are only found in vague, cryptic, item descriptions.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No just play this one. The Souls games have barely any direct story, and what story they do have, almost has to be looked up online anyway for the finer details.

From a gameplay standpoint......I mean, this game just seems to be a refined version of the first two, so yeah, I say just hop into this one and if you love it and want more, then maybe play the others later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.