So, This Is How We Died.

#1 Edited by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Taken from the stream of my first Dark Souls 2 playthrough. Here is Episode 1 of a video series that will showcase all of my deaths.

Sit back, relax, and please excuse the cursing.

#2 Posted by LackingSaint (1811 posts) -

Haha, this was awesome. I hope you realise at this point that you can just dodge out of the way of Trap Chests!

#3 Posted by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Thanks man! I am glad you enjoyed it. I totally know that you can dodge the chests now. 14 Streams after the fact....Better late than never I guess?

I am cutting out EVERY death of my first play through (300+ deaths). There is going to be another 5 or so episodes after this one.

#4 Posted by Nordom (28 posts) -

Was fun to watch :-)

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@dig_douglas_iii: I'm gonna say I know what you're doing is all in good fun but if you don't actually write more in a post to promote discussion a mod is going to eventually lock this thread for YouTube spam.

#6 Edited by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, Demokinos.

The Dark Souls franchise is so centered around player death, I though it would be a cool idea to show every single death in my primary playthrough. At first, I was thinking about putting every death into a single video..... 300+ deaths later and the video was like 3 hours long. Nobody would watch that. Now I am not going back and cutting it down into ~10 minute chunks.

If you guys have any suggestions about a better way to present these for the subsequent videos, please let me know. I am always down for some criticism.

P.S. There are some easter eggs hidden in the transitions that I made.

#7 Edited by stryker1121 (1438 posts) -

@dig_douglas_iii: Funny stuff - I can relate to the random deaths and jumping into the water to my demise. But yeah, the cursing...if you'd chill out on that I'd be more apt to check out the entire series.

#8 Edited by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

@stryker1121: Unfortunately, my play through is over, and all the footage is in the can. I could bleep them out with an effect if its a bother.

For me, that game has a way of making the expletives flow. Again, sorry. D:

#9 Posted by Myrmicus (223 posts) -

@dig_douglas_iii: A thing you could do : cut the cursing and show much more deaths, by showing just the instant you die, not showing the "You have DIED !" in the process... or only from time to time. And when you feel a death is more meaningfull than the other, (like the archer headshotting you mid-air, or the friendly phantom killing you with the ballista), show the entire sequence of you dying.
You could even try to make a music with the death cries ^^

#10 Edited by nosferat2 (34 posts) -

Don't beep out the swearing, that would be super lame. This video was absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to watch the rest of them! But seriously, the cursing is partly what makes it so funny

#11 Edited by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Looking into the rest of the footage, and man. It gets BAD. Every episode after this one will be cut much quicker. More deaths in less time. Be ready for a flurry of unsavory words. Especially when you see me fight the Ancient Dragon.

Oh well F**K it!

#12 Posted by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

I put up Episode 2. This time, I get squashed by The Gargoyles, Dragon Knight, a chest, and gravity. Plus many, many other things. I cut this one much faster. Maybe a little too fast. The next Episode (my favorite so far) will fall somewhere in the middle.

Hope you guys enjoy my suffering once again. As always, feedback is appreciated. :D

#13 Posted by Nordom (28 posts) -

I liked the first video better. Probably because the individual clips were longer. It gives a better sense of what was going on and its more fun hearing you talk and getting your reaction before and after you die.

#14 Edited by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Thanks a lot for the feedback Nordom. I agree with you 100%. The next video will be posted very soon and I think it strikes the right balance.

Kinda feel weird about posting them over and over in this thread. I don't want it to seem like I am trying to spam you guys. If the mods don't mind it would be cool if I could post Episode 3. If they do mind then I'll let the thread rest. Regardless, you duders have given me a ton of valuable feedback so thanks!

Any mods around?

#15 Posted by Karkarov (3102 posts) -

Thanks a lot for the feedback Nordom. I agree with you 100%. The next video will be posted very soon and I think it strikes the right balance.

Kinda feel weird about posting them over and over in this thread. I don't want it to seem like I am trying to spam you guys. If the mods don't mind it would be cool if I could post Episode 3. If they do mind then I'll let the thread rest. Regardless, you duders have given me a ton of valuable feedback so thanks!

Any mods around?

I don't know if the mods had a problem I would think they would have closed it by now.

#16 Posted by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

Alright Duders! Here is Episode 3!

In this episode we encounter the Smelter Demon, explore Black Gulch, and The Gutter. Spoiler: Everything goes terribly wrong. As always if anyone has any feedback (positive or negative), please let me hear it!

#17 Posted by darksouls2 (22 posts) -
#18 Posted by nosferat2 (34 posts) -

I am addicted to these videos! Keep up the good work! When is episode 4 coming? I'm jonesing

#19 Posted by Dig_Douglas_III (50 posts) -

@nosferat2:

EP4 just finished! Editing these is a little rough, nothing worse than listening to your own voice for hours and hours.

In this episode we are blessed by the presence of the Dual Dragonriders, explore Shrine of Amana, and get to know the Looking Glass Knight. Oh yeah, and the cyclops hippos kill me about a billion times.

Thanks for checking these out guys. You the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.