Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Sorcery and Parrying

ReeferGladness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now i'm not sure if this was possible in Dark Souls as I have never seen it done before, but I was thinking if its possible to parry someone and then cast a really powerful sorcery that would usually be hard to hit. Specially with the new drawn out animation after a parry. Now I know some of you will be thinking that parry will crit so why bother, but I'm quite confident that towards end game we will get spells that will hit way harder than a parry crit from a sorcerer.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Strong sorc spells hit harder than parries as a rule, so could be a good idea.

ReeferGladness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ReeferGladness

Well if that's the case I can't wait to find the parry dagger equivalent :P I've always been utter garbage at parrying tho.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@reefergladness: Parrying is just a repetition thing, though it is easier with the buckler/parrying dagger. Online it's a crapshoot, but I suppose it's more skill based than fishing for backstabs.

ReeferGladness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: TBH I don't even think fishing for back stabs will be that frowned upon anymore considering how the covenants work back stabs won't occur as often because of the fact that you can be stopped mid way. Also from the beta videos I've seen, it doesn't seem to have that strong magnetic pull when you R1 someone remotely close to their back side.

Here's to great pvp in DS2 :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.