Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Weight Thresholds for Rolls?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Does anyone know what the weight thresholds for rolls are now? I haven't noticed any difference between rolls for <25% max load, 25-50%, and 50-75%. 75%+ results in a noticeable Fat Roll, though. Does that mean there's only Quick Rolls (0-75% max load) and Fat Rolls (75%+ max load)? Or is there another Roll/Move Tier in there I'm missing?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

There are several things that affect roll. Adaptability makes your animation faster. Weight makes the roll longer or shorter depending on how much weight you have on.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems, from some stuff that I've read, that it doesn't affect the type of roll you do "fast roll vs fat roll" unless you have a high weight burden. What it seems to do though is more affect the distance you cover in a roll, how quickly your stamina recovers, and general movement. This video talks more about that with the actual thresholds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSNzUD0lms

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

@vashyron: That explained a lot; much appreciated. No wonder I had trouble noticing the changes at lower weight loads; the changes are gradual instead of occuring at fixed thresholds now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.