Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Were do I go next.

countrybumsbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just beat The Lost Sinner and the only other place I can find is Black Gulch. Any ideas where to go next. THANKS

Springfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

talk to the cleric chick after the dragonrider in heide's tower of flame. when she starts repeating her dialogue, go back to majula and down to the circular room between majula and heide's tower of flame, and she'll be there. talk to her, and she'll open up a path for you.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By effache

If you already talked to the girl above the Dragonrider boss room (in Heide's Tower of Flame), go back to majula and walk the path between Majula and Heide's tower, she will be at the intersection and can change the direction of the path for you.

The other option is, if you found a fragrant branch of yore (you probably did but might have used it already), take it to the room on top of the hill in Majula, down the path that starts kind of next to the first place you came into the town, and use the branch on the statue blocking the path at the end

countrybumsbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was there guys thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a huge issue with this game, I was constantly getting lost and having to look up where to go. I think that happened to me like once in Dark Souls. I'm not asking for the game to linear, but a LITTLE bit of direction certainly would have been nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@random45 said:

This is a huge issue with this game, I was constantly getting lost and having to look up where to go. I think that happened to me like once in Dark Souls. I'm not asking for the game to linear, but a LITTLE bit of direction certainly would have been nice.

Dark Souls 1 would give you keys with cryptic descriptions, and they led to doors you saw hours beforehand. The only issue in 2 is that you have to exhaust some NPC's dialog to continue. The first time you head to the Tower of Flame, you go through that room that clearly has a second path, so that's something you should know to go back to when you hit a brick wall.

He also just got the Branch of Yore, which is the key to another roadblock he might have seen early on while exploring, and the Well is a huge roadblock with a merchant that sells you a ring to jump down it a few steps away.

Personally, I think the way they handled progression in Dark Souls 2 is alright. It just expects the player to meet them halfway. I never got lost once in Dark Souls 2 because I saw all these paths early on and kept them in mind, while I spent at least an hour trying to find out where to go in Dark Souls 1 after getting the basement key from the Undead Parish.

In any case, both games could have handled it better. I just wanted to point out that Dark Souls 1 had plenty of those issues too.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hijacking this thread: Where should I go after the flexile sentry? I've been trying to beat the 3 sentinels in Lost Bastille but I think they are too difficult at the moment. Should I go back and kill the Dragon Slayer? Is there another option?

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: It's just a really hard boss. Keep trying.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: You could follow the same path that the other people in this thread have been suggesting (The path opened by the cleric in Majula). The Dragon Slayer is an optional boss. If you find the Ruin Sentinels too hard, you can explore a bit in the other area and come back after a few levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@49th said:

Hijacking this thread: Where should I go after the flexile sentry? I've been trying to beat the 3 sentinels in Lost Bastille but I think they are too difficult at the moment. Should I go back and kill the Dragon Slayer? Is there another option?

The 3 Sentinels is the main path, but you can beat the Dragon Slayer for a decent chunk of souls to level up, but beating him only unlocks a covenant. Really, the only other option at that point would be to save up for the ring to go down the Well in Majula, but that won't be any easier.

If you haven't tried already, try summoning at least the NPC in the jail cell before the Sentinels. She can do a decent amount of damage to them and more importantly, split their aggro. If you're playing online, I suggest putting a summon sign down in front of them to both get some souls and get yourself more familiar with them. They're definitely one of the first bosses that can wreck you over and over again, and that run back can suck.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@countrybumsbro: A word of advice so that this doesn't happen again. Make sure that when whenever you see an NPC, talk to them until they run out of things to say. That will help you access all kinds of stuff. On my first playthrough, I didn't figure out until much later that I had to talk to the cleric some more until she expresses her desire to go to Majula. Nowhere does the game tell you this, but at least the Internet's here to help.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@animathias: @theblue: @jazz_bcaz: Thanks, looks like I'll keep trying. I went back and killed The Pursuer and ended up in exactly the same situation, haha.

I don't want to summon people but I have levelled up a few times from that boss so I should be ok.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@49th: I thought there was a way to bypass the Ruin Sentinels by defeating the Flexile Sentry but I don't remember where the required key is. Maybe look around some more. Or just do as others have said and talk to the miracle lady a bunch to open a new path.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

The Ruin Sentinels are - in my opinion - the hardest boss in the game. I'm not even kidding. Just summon an army of phantoms, that was the only way I was able to manage it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

Dark Souls 1 would give you keys with cryptic descriptions, and they led to doors you saw hours beforehand. The only issue in 2 is that you have to exhaust some NPC's dialog to continue. The first time you head to the Tower of Flame, you go through that room that clearly has a second path, so that's something you should know to go back to when you hit a brick wall.

He also just got the Branch of Yore, which is the key to another roadblock he might have seen early on while exploring, and the Well is a huge roadblock with a merchant that sells you a ring to jump down it a few steps away.

Personally, I think the way they handled progression in Dark Souls 2 is alright. It just expects the player to meet them halfway. I never got lost once in Dark Souls 2 because I saw all these paths early on and kept them in mind, while I spent at least an hour trying to find out where to go in Dark Souls 1 after getting the basement key from the Undead Parish.

In any case, both games could have handled it better. I just wanted to point out that Dark Souls 1 had plenty of those issues too.

Yeah, now that you mention it I do recall going online to figure out what the damn keys were meant for a lot of the times. Both games really need a bit more direction I think.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HaniBall

@49th: I thought there was a way to bypass the Ruin Sentinels by defeating the Flexile Sentry but I don't remember where the required key is. Maybe look around some more. Or just do as others have said and talk to the miracle lady a bunch to open a new path.

I could be wrong but I think the key is on the terrace when you get to Lost Bastille by air and then through the first room with the archer and dogs.

Then, back at where you arrive by sea, after you drop down use it to proceed right to the sinner where you would left to the sentinels. In the yard with the dogs and ogre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.