Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

What Was the Crazy Rumor Brad Heard About Dark Souls 2?

• 62 results
#51 Posted by ripelivejam (3587 posts) -

@mcshank said:

@jclane said:

It's being turned into a WiiU exclusive. Nintendo are proud to announce that with titles such as Bayonetta 2 and Dark Souls 2, they hope they can capture the "hardcore" gamer's hearts.

Id buy a WiiU if they had darksouls 2 as an exclusive..

doubtful, lots of people are fans of saying "too bad i don't have a wii u" when a game comes out on it that they want. ;)

#52 Edited by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

This actually reminds me of Shane Bettenhausen on the 1Up Yours podcast. He would always say, "I have some pretty cool stuff to talk about that I've seen but I can't talk about it." At a certain point it became a meme...kind of like how Patrick getting super defensive about something without actually ever attempting to defend with it any reason on the Bombcast.

Just like others have said, Brad is a padawan in this practice as Arthur Gies is the master of both being an ass as well as pretending he has juicy stuff to talk about but is unable to. Seeing someone bring that up in the comments reminded me why I stopped listening to Rebel FM.

#53 Posted by ripelivejam (3587 posts) -

@sammo21 said:

This actually reminds me of Shane Bettenhausen on the 1Up Yours podcast. He would always say, "I have some pretty cool stuff to talk about that I've seen but I can't talk about it." At a certain point it became a meme...kind of like how Patrick getting super defensive about something without actually ever attempting to defend with it any reason on the Bombcast.

that was a meme/has ever been an actual thing?

#54 Edited by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Would happen a lot even in the video segments.

#55 Posted by bybeach (4734 posts) -

But this rumor is about Demon Souls 2 not Dark souls 2.

#56 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

@sammo21 said:

Seeing someone bring that up in the comments reminded me why I stopped listening to Rebel FM.

Between that and the reaches to make everything sexist or racist, it was pretty easy to finally stop listening to that show.

#57 Posted by StarvingGamer (8032 posts) -

CAH Black Card: "Arthur Gies is the reason I stopped __________."

#58 Posted by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

@artisanbreads: I don't remember sexism in any of the episodes I listened to but Arthur Gies consistently got on my nerves. That and the one guy...Matt something...who did nothing but laugh all the time at everything. Was annoying to my ears. Not to mention it felt like they always brought politics up all the time.

#59 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

Anonymous asked: Tell us what that dark souls 2 rumor was, you press sneak fuck

The rumor was that the director of Dark Souls didn’t return for Dark Souls II because he’s busy working on…Demon’s Souls II, an idea so deliciously stupid you can’t help but love it.

I don’t know anymore about this than anyone else in the internet, so large grain of salt here.

#60 Edited by pondwhale (106 posts) -

And this thread has gone completely off topic.

Wasn't the change from Demon Souls to Dark Souls a legal thing though? I though that at one point Dark Souls was just Demon Souls 2.

#61 Posted by MB (12073 posts) -

@pondwhale: Sony owns Demon's Souls. From what I understand, that's why Dark Souls was renamed instead of being called Demon's Souls 2, and it was made a spiritual successor instead of a true sequel.

#62 Edited by JayEH (521 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 is secretly Demon's Souls 2 which is also secretly Dark Souls 2 which is secretly King's Field 5

#63 Posted by pondwhale (106 posts) -

@mb: Thank you sir. I knew I didn't pull that out of my ass, but I couldn't find anything to back it up either. So that begs the question, will Demon Souls 2, assuming it exists, be Sony exclusive?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.