Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Where is everybody? (PC version)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Came back after a 3 month break and started a new save due to loss of data. Went through an entire play-through without seeing a single summoning sign. Even on the DLC areas I couldn't see a single sign.

Now I'm on NG+ and still not a single soul.

Is the game already dead?

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cid798

I was actually coming on here to post about my experience with DS2, I just picked it up last Friday + the season pass.

I'm maybe Slevel 90, but just noticed I completely missed some stuff that would've made life easier. Going by the Travel menu - I just got to the start of Heide's, got 2 bonfires, cleared Cathedral of Blue - travel menu page 1 is full, page 2 has 1 bonfire for Shulva. My fault for not seeing that pull chain to enter Heide's.

So far, messages and blood spots everywhere I go. I was caught off guard by being invaded as a hollow (not a scripted PVE invader). Putting on covenant rings is sometimes faster than other games matchmaking.

A lot of invasions on me around the trio in Heide's ruin, maybe 4-5 The Gutter, and really random invasions in Lost Bastille.

Forgot to mention: The side effect is so everything in these 2 areas and now heading into No Man's Wharf is 2 hits or tank and spank for bosses (with a Mace +3).

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I've been playing the game somewhat regularly over the last couple months and I always see a summon sign or two in popular areas, especially if I linger there for a brief time. The game is much less populated than it was around release time, but it's not dead. According to Steamcharts, the game's been averaging a bit over 4000 concurrent players at any given time during the last month.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I can't speak to the game myself, but it sounds like you're not connecting to the master servers. Is it possible you have a firewall block on the .exe or something?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't speak to the game myself, but it sounds like you're not connecting to the master servers. Is it possible you have a firewall block on the .exe or something?

This is possibly the problem. I ran into the same issue playing Dark Souls on the PC. Meanwhile, I see messages all over the place on the PS3 version. You might have to forward some ports.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.