Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Which console should I play the series one?

tbennett5438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which console should I play the series one? (30 votes)

PS3 30%
    XBOX 360 17%
    PC 53%

Hey guys, after watching some Brad's and Vinny's let's plays. I decide to jump right into the series. Just wondering, what console should I play them on?

• 
    Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By weegieanawrench

There's no other place to play Demon's Souls, so PS3 for that one. Then you can move on to the PC for DS1 and 2 and appreciate how much better it runs.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

As stated Demons Souls is PS3 only , if you are only on to Dark Souls and can wait for the PC release of Dark Souls 2 then the PC is the best bet

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ezekiel

@weegieanawrench said:

There's no other place to play Demon's Souls, so PS3 for that one. Then you can move on to the PC for DS1 and 2 and appreciate how much better it runs.

This. But I would remind/inform him that GFWL will be shut down very soon, so if the online aspect is important to him or he doesn't want to deal with cracks he should get the PS3 version. At least wait until GFWL is terminated to see if they patch it out. I highly doubt they will adapt the multiplayer to another client (Steam), but maybe we will be able to authenticate our copies without having to use cracks. Demon's Souls should keep you busy until then.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really should play the PC version of Dark Souls 1 and later 2 with some added mods.

weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: Ah yes, GFWL. We do know that DS1 will move on to Steamworks when GFWL shuts down and DS2 will start out of the gate with it. Demon's Souls will likely take up his time until it dies sometime in July.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DS1 on PC with mods runs great. So Id play that there.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ezekiel
    @weegieanawrench said:

@ezekiel: Ah yes, GFWL. We do know that DS1 will move on to Steamworks when GFWL shuts down and DS2 will start out of the gate with it. Demon's Souls will likely take up his time until it dies sometime in July.

Like I said in my edit, I highly doubt they will adapt the online to Steamworks. That seems pretty complicated. They've said they're looking for solutions, but I'm not even very hopeful that they will remove the GFWL authentication and interface/client, since they never patched in any of the missing features people expected, like HD and stereo.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 only for Demon souls and Dark souls 1 & 2 on PC. By the time you finish Demon souls and Dark souls Dark souls 2 will be out on PC!

weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: Didn't see your edit. That is unfortunate news, I thought I had heard that it would be absorbed by steam, but I suppose not.

May as well stick with PS3 for the better portion of the series OP.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By nightriff

Well PS3 is the only place to play Demon's Souls so either PS3 only or Demon's Souls on PS3 and then Dark Souls 1 & 2 on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.