Yay! Soul Memory chart.

#1 Edited by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

So finally someone(mostly) figured out this soul memory thing once and for all. It's probably not perfect yet but I assume it's pretty damn close.

Here is the original post I'm sure some of you have been following this blog for this as well.

ugh cant link to the post so here's the whole blog.

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/

#2 Edited by dudeglove (8300 posts) -

@bellmont42: Try uploading it as an image via URL. Like this.

Interesting blog btw, thanks!

e: the list of banned names for DS2 player characters is... interesting (WARNING THE SPOILER LINK IS INCREDIBLY NSFW EVEN THOUGH IT'S JUST AN ALPHABETIZED TEXT FILE)

#3 Edited by bellmont42 (325 posts) -
#4 Edited by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

@dudeglove: Didn't read most of it, but I had to pan down to see if they had any letters beginning with Z.

What the fuck is 'zorch'? It sounds like an onomatopoeia.

Edit: Oh right, topic. That's pretty cool. Guess I'm in tier 34. Probably not many people around that in NG, so that might explain the lack of being summoned.

#5 Posted by dudeglove (8300 posts) -

@capum15: Yeah I wondered a bit. Urban Dictionary makes for weird reading on that, but I'll let you look it up.

I wonder if they got some 3rd party QA database to help them with it, or whether there was just a couple of sessions devoted to everyone at From saying things like "Alright, guys and gals, is pissphuker spelled with a Q or a CK?" The choices seem to be strange, and not exactly perfect (OnlyAfro recently uploaded a video where he encountered two gankers named "Adolf" and "Hitler"), so maybe the online censor stuff will probably get some additions along with changes to Soul Memory..

#6 Posted by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

@dudeglove: That sounds like a great meeting session. But yeah, a lot of choices seem kinda weird. Like the 'ho' in Chosen.

Also oh god, those names. Should've figured that would happen though.

#8 Posted by ManatuBear (1 posts) -

Based on IllusoryWall chart, Jake Barnes created an awesome visualiser for Soul Memory ranges. Check it here.

#9 Posted by golguin (4052 posts) -

Tier 38 and SL 150. From really needs to fix up match making to make PVP more viable.

#10 Posted by dudeglove (8300 posts) -

@golguin said:

Tier 38 and SL 150. From really needs to fix up match making to make PVP more viable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.