Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Your first death (early game spoilers?)

• 92 results
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what was your first death in dark souls 2? I jumped off the ledge in the first area when you first get control of the character.

I was laughing my ass off when the achievement popped up

then I preceded to immediately get killed by the dogs.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I got knocked off an edge by that huge night at the Tower near the ocean. I laughed my ass off for like 1 minutes when I saw it pop up because I was really mad when I fell.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I ran off a a cliff in the very first area looking which way I was suppose to go. Not very heroic.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to take on that hippo dude in the tutorial area. I thought I was doing okay too, up until his friend decided to join the party.

swimbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got stabbed by the sword-wielding dude who's just down the stairs after the firebomb guy in the second forest area. Did not realise until then that bringing your shield up takes longer right after you whiff an attack.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the starting area I found some big footprints and decided to follow them. I then punched the creature that made them in the butt and he picked me up and ate me.

Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I punched a dog and his friends got piiiiiiiiiissed at me in the starting area

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I died to the giant what ever the heck it was at the very start of the game. Before you go inside the three witches house. It dropped on me and I died.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

I died to the first guy you face off against that has a weapon while explaining the intricacies and depth of Dark Souls to my girlfriend. #esports

Devyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got squashed by one of those big ass knights. Laughed at the achievement, then kept getting killed by them until I got a better weapon, came back and killed the boss.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to the tower? area, opened a door and got poisoned by a dude. Poison wrecked me so fast, I didn't even realize. I then marveled at how much worse poison is now and then laughed my ass off at the trophy.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clonedzero

The tutorial area, where it tells you how to jump, yeah i didnt read the sign and i thought it was the double B thing instead of clicking the stick in....

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@vanick said:

In the starting area I found some big footprints and decided to follow them. I then punched the creature that made them in the butt and he picked me up and ate me.

This. As soon as I got a weapon I came back and killed that fucker though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: You can change that in the settings back to B/Circle. I did. I am already used to it, and didn't feel like clicking the stick in.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I got taken out by those dog-like things in the starting area before you create your character.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clonedzero

@sterling said:

@clonedzero: You can change that in the settings back to B/Circle. I did. I am already used to it, and didn't feel like clicking the stick in.

oh no, i like the stick click for jump, harder to screw up. I just didnt know about the change till after i died.

arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By arkkazeal

I died in the tutorial area where there's a spot you have to fall down. Didn't think it was far enough for fall damage and the guy just out of range of a plunging attack plus his bow buddy tore me up after.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By jiggajoe14

I want to meet the first person who got killed by those pigs in town.

Oh and I got killed by Sanford & Son guarding the coffin thingy in the tutorial.

haekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went up a debris ramp, and got double teamed. Not my finest moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the tutorial I wondered and ended up in Heide's Tower of Flame. I ran by all the giants into a fog gate not knowing there was a boss inside and he stomped my ass.

Also, I'm using Human Effigies but I'm not becoming human again. Does anyone know why?

neojb1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I punched the little like demon dudes running around at the very very start and died...yup...

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sauson: Are you not actually popping the effigy's like you would humanity, but instead burning them? Because that doesn't turn you human. Popping them turns you human.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HeyGuys

That stupid jerk hippo-cyclops off to the side of the hut got me a few times.

ripsteakface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tapped sprint on the first ladder instead of holding it...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I fell to my death in the tutorial area! Then my second death was the same exact thing!

GrizzledWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Failed the jumping tutorial. A slew of curse words came from my mouth then me and my roommate couldnt stop laughing

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was caught off guard by how much falling damage you take, so in the tutorial area, when you drop down that hole on your way to the two cyclops, I took alot more damage than I expected or would have taken in DS1, then was hit by the silly archer, staggered and the undead dude put me to the sword and I died. I've actually been struggling alot with the changes they've made. I played waaaaay too much Darksouls and it feels like in DS2 everything is in slow motion. Animations are longer, you dodge slower, stagger animations are longer. I just feel like my character is underwater or something lol. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is this place in the castle part of the Forest of Fallen Giants where you can either go through a crumbled wall into a room where a dude is waiting or swing a left down into the corridor proper. There was a note that said beware of ambush in front of the crumbled wall. I did not beware of ambush...

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first death was this area featured in the quicklook

No Caption Provided

I threw a witching urn at the guy in the left window and another at the one right below the edge, killing him. The one on the left gets knocked out the window with little health and i thought the fall killed him. I then dropped down and kill the third guy, yay! i go and get the chest and drop down to the main area to fight the big knight and to my surprise the guy that fell was very much alive and thew a firebomb at me, i dodge but it hit one of the many barrels causing a chain reacting killing me. Good thing the explosion killed him as well.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#31  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I tried to roll away from one of those big dudes near the beginning...and rolled backwards into the water. Whoops!

@sterling said:

I died to the giant what ever the heck it was at the very start of the game. Before you go inside the three witches house. It dropped on me and I died.

Just from his animation, I was curious if he could squash you when falling (I figured 'yes'). Good to know!

Oh and I got killed by Sanford and Son guarding the coffin thingy in the tutorial.

Any idea what the coffin does? I beat them (well, one fell into the water, the other I legit beat) and got in...and then the game loads and you get back out. I seemed to have minor buffs on a lot of stats and also my character looked zombie-esque afterwards???

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By LegalBagel

I punched a dog and died, then had to restart characters because I accidentally clicked "finish character" when I hadn't messed with his features or anything. Second guy made it all the way through the tutorial, then fell in the endless water on the way to the Giants area.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@redyoshi said:

I tried to take on that hippo dude in the tutorial area. I thought I was doing okay too, up until his friend decided to join the party.

Yeah, I tried to kite the one around the corner, but pulled both at the same time...

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died at the jump tutorial. Too used to pressing O to jump. Switched it right after that.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I got taken out by those dog-like things in the starting area before you create your character.

This, I punched one to death and then his friends got angry.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else played so poorly that you literally cannot progress past the first boss?

Apparently I have.

I broke my sword and thus can't do any damage to enemies. I have two thief swords (one is about to break). However they do so little damage that it's pretty much pointless trying. I don't think I've done what needs to be done to get the blacksmith and thus I can't repair my weapons (I assume I need to get past where I am at which I cannot). So basically I can run past all enemies to the first boss but can't beat him because I can't do any damage to him.

Think I'm about to just start over.

Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jocund

@handlas said:

Has anyone else played so poorly that you literally cannot progress past the first boss?

Apparently I have.

I broke my sword and thus can't do any damage to enemies. I have two thief swords (one is about to break). However they do so little damage that it's pretty much pointless trying. I don't think I've done what needs to be done to get the blacksmith and thus I can't repair my weapons (I assume I need to get past where I am at which I cannot). So basically I can run past all enemies to the first boss but can't beat him because I can't do any damage to him.

Think I'm about to just start over.

If the first boss you're referencing is the boss I think it is, the item required to gain access to the blacksmith is a purchasable item from the Hag merchant by the bonfire.

My first death came at the hands of the big motherfucker who left the footprints in the starting area. Totally worth it, though. Hehe.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kicked the ladder in the very first area, but five minutes later tried to jump down beside it.

The digital falling speed throws me. In the previous games the animation had some acceleration. In this, you're either not falling at all or falling really freaking quickly.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: Buy the key to the blacksmith's shop from the lady who sits by the bonfire before the first boss, by the ladder leading down. Open up the shop, warp away, come back, and you can repair your items.

Don't give up! You can do it!

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died same as OP. I spawned, ran straight off the cliff, then laughed at the trophy. I haven't died since, but I only just got to the Merchant in the forest of fallen giants.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bit the dust just after the second tutorial fog door. I read the guidepost telling you how to two-hand a weapon and instinctively gave it a try. And I was promptly double-attacked by both waiting hollows. Right after announcing to my significant other that, “this feels a lot easier than starting Dark Souls 1 did.”

On the plus side, only one death since then (a sloppy giant mace knight encounter.)

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By dethfish

I very nearly died to them. I didn't think they were doing much damage so I let them hit me while talking to an NPC and when he was done talking I was one hit from dying.

nosferat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14 I had a hell of a time with those pigs. I had a broken sword, and I was only doing 10 damage, and they kept swarming me. I was thinking that I was totally screwed, because my weapon was not doing any damage. They didn't kill me, but I am not embarrassed to say they came close two or three times. After wandering around Majula for what seemed like forever, trying to figure out where to go, my first death came somewhere in the forest, just getting cornered by a few undead dudes. So far I'm having a hell of a time with this game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: Buy the key to the blacksmith's shop from the lady who sits by the bonfire before the first boss, by the ladder leading down. Open up the shop, warp away, come back, and you can repair your items.

What? Maybe I'm going the wrong way then. The "first" boss I'm referring to is the red-ish knight with the big shield and spear. I don't recall there being a ladder before that unless you are referring to the very beginning of the game.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I died to the hippo guys in the tutorial area. I didn't know there was two so when the second one showed up I ran for the coffin and got in. Once I got out of it I tried to run away but couldn't.

pandashake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died in that stupid well in the first city after tutorial land! I should have known with all those stupid blood spots, but I did it anyway. So many shiny items..

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Tackchevy

@handlas said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

What? Maybe I'm going the wrong way then. The "first" boss I'm referring to is the red-ish knight with the big shield and spear. I don't recall there being a ladder before that unless you are referring to the very beginning of the game.

That merchant I guess will appear on either route you take out of town. I went a different way and found her.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died in the tutorial area where there's a spot you have to fall down. Didn't think it was far enough for fall damage and the guy just out of range of a plunging attack plus his bow buddy tore me up after.

Same thing happened to me. When you get into the hub, I think that big monument there counts your deaths. I'm a mistaken on that?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big fan of that one door that open into a deep fall into darkness. Made me laugh.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: whoa yeah I don't know who you're talking about! Try the little path near the bonfire in Mejula. There's a torch and it's on the side of the cliff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.