Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

What platform are you playing Dark Souls III on?

mattschwabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What platform are you playing Dark Souls III on? (150 votes)

Xbox One 11%
    PC 56%
    PS4 31%

People who are playing this game, what platform are you playing on? I play the souls game almost totally coop so I'd like a big player base to be able to draw from. I prefer xbone and that's where my friends list is, but none of my friends play this game. I did love playing BB on PS4 and I don't have a gaming PC.

Thanks.

• 
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't imagine you'll have a ton of trouble finding people to coop with no matter which platform you buy the game for.

Personally, my history has gone Dark Souls (PC), Dark Souls II (PS3), Bloodborne (PS4) and now Dark Souls III (PC). I'm really enjoying what little I've played of DkS 3... except for all the crashing I've run into. It's to the point that I created a Knight after putting close to an hour into the game already since apparently you'll encounter fewer crashes as a Knight...

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Dark Souls is a PC series so far as I'm concerned, so I'm gonna play it on that. Once I get the chance to upgrade my hardware, that is. My card is a 600 series and I just don't think that's gonna be up to snuff.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By NeverGameOver

I played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 vanilla on PS3. I played Dark Souls 2 SotFS and Bloodborne on PS4. I'm now playing Dark Souls 3 on PS4. Those platinum trophies! Give them to me!

Quizas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. And It's a hard pain. So sorry to don't have PS4 right now - used to play this series on PS3 before, but eventually had to leave this console in another house =(

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox because that's what I have!

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@beforet said:

Dark Souls is a PC series so far as I'm concerned, so I'm gonna play it on that. Once I get the chance to upgrade my hardware, that is. My card is a 600 series and I just don't think that's gonna be up to snuff.

There is a serious crash issue with NVidia cards. Otherwise that one is pretty alright.

BertyLurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC! I've been playing all the souls on console up until now, and wow - 2560x1440 running at 60fps is breathtaking and well worth going all in on a daft video card.

No crashes so far, maybe I've just gotten lucky?

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pee Cee. No crashes, but I do get a hitch every now and again. Sometimes when picking up items and/or it hits the server it'll stutter for a second. Otherwise it looks and runs fantastically.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC! I've been playing all the souls on console up until now, and wow - 2560x1440 running at 60fps is breathtaking and well worth going all in on a daft video card.

No crashes so far, maybe I've just gotten lucky?

At first I thought I was a bit nuts for picking up the latest and beefiest, but I agree 100%. 1440p and 60FPS makes this game feel like such a massive upgrade, and I've also played a hell of a lot with no crashes.

I feel for everyone out there that picked PC and are getting burned for it, but it just goes to show the fickle nature of the platform. When it's off, it's fucked, but when everything is clicking, holy shit. You can't beat it.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear we already had this poll a few days ago.

These games always seemed like a Playstation franchise to me, plus I don't think my aging computer would have run it any better. So PS4 for me.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pea Sea. Looks and runs great and no crashing so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it wasn't locked at 30 fps, I would have gotten it for the PS4. Since it is locked for some stupid reason on consoles, I got it for the PC instead.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm on PS4 and it runs fine, some obvious frame rate drops here and there aside.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

PC. And just so you know, it is not buggy in the slightest. Haven't had it drop frames, haven't had it crash. It's been perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PS4 is stupidly active btw. I get summoned within seconds of putting my sign down. Just wanted to give some console players some words of encouragement.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beforet: Which card in the 600 series? As with every numbered GPU series, there's quite a vast range of performance levels depending on the model.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wallzii: 670. I mean, I had assumed that if the game dies on 700 series cards (assuming that's what was doing it) that 600 would just be out of the question.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wallzii

@beforet: I'm not very informed on the happenings with crashes and specific GPU models, but performance-wise, your 670 shouldn't have any problems running DS3; it is still a decent card, you'll likely just have to adjust a few settings to get the desired framerate you want. From what I've seen, the GTX 750i runs DS3 at a solid 30 frames at 1080p with a mix of medium to high settings, however you're 670 is much more powerful than that card, and should have no problems on high settings at the same resolution with a minimum framerate of 45. Again, some fiddling and you should be at 60 frames if that's important.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Xbox one, only because I really wanted to try to get through it before it came out... I'm super busy now and still haven't quite finished it. But I've only had one bad slowdown that involves a bridge. That's all I'll say to avoid spoilers, but if you want spoilers it's the suspension bridge where you lead all the bajillion skeletons onto it.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ford_Dent

Because I am the Absolute Worst, I have an Xbone copy and a PC copy (I got the Xbone copy using the "buy it in Japan" trick because I wanted to play it and have poor impulse control)

This continues a trend of having copies of Souls games that aren't exclusives on Xbox and PC.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both PC and PS4. Voted pc though since that's my main I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.