10 Things About Dark Souls You May Not Know

#1 Posted by TerraMantis (283 posts) -

Saying the world of Dark Souls is vague is putting it lightly. This game drops you in with literally nothing except a few hastily scrawled messages on the floor of the prison cell around where you awaken and it is up to you, the player, to find exactly what the hell is going on in Lordran.

Heck, perhaps you didn’t even know the world of Dark Souls is called Lordran. It’s not mentioned much. If you do a little digging into the game, you can literally piece together everything from the lore of the world to unique attacks that aren’t mentioned at all during the entire experience. Dark Souls is a game about learning, and maybe if you watch this video you could learn a thing or two about the amazing game Dark Souls.

#2 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5373 posts) -

The extreme vagueness and immediate oppressive nature of Dark Souls is what initially turned me off from the game. Since coming back about six months ago and having played most of the game, I have to say it's probably just the opposite now. I absolutely loved learning about all the super obscure information in the game. To me, it made it all the more worthwhile of an experience.

#3 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

The game was a chore.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I knew most of those things but the one about pre-Abyss Artorias being the NA cover art sort of blew my mind. I love that guy!

#6 Edited by Clonedzero (4198 posts) -

Is it sad the only thing i didnt know in that video was the elevator kill?

#7 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

In before lock. Another thing about Artorias is that he's 20 feet tall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.